Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I've been in some games with the excellent jet drivers. They can make life very difficult for people on the ground. But yes, I agree. A skilled driver and gunner in the attach helicopter is a far more serious threat for people on the ground than the jets are.

That being said, I think I've encountered a few jets that have bombs now, so that must be one of the unlocks. THAT will make life miserable for anyone in a tank!
No jets don't have bombs, they do however have rockets & guided missiles, the latter is probably what you're thinking.
Old December 1, 2011, 11:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inate8 View Post
Anyone else find jets fun, but kind of pointless?

Sure I can rack up some kills, but I always feel like I'm doing far less for my team than I could be in a heli/tank. At least with those items I can clear a flag AND cap it too.

It's nice to have them, but they seem to be held back with the small maps and tightly located flags.
I think jets are less effective than choppers simply because they have only the pilot who needs to fly and to attack at the same time, while a heli with some cooperative squad mates can really be a pain in the enemies' ass.
Also jets are harder to master in order to make good use of all what they can do.
Old December 1, 2011, 11:12 AM
Allstar

I still cant fly the Jets... I should try with a game pad.
Old December 6, 2011, 12:51 AM
Top Prospect

The one thing I am hating about BF3 is the lack of coms in a squad unless I tab out and invite them all as friends and then into a group. Hopefully they will have a fix some day that makes squad coms auto and you can just turn it off if you do not like it.
Old December 6, 2011, 01:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

So I'm getting back into BF3...

one thing:

The Glare... FFS it is HORRIBLY annoying. I guess EA is trying to be "realistic" but I can't remember the last time looking in the direction of the sun in real life, had huge lens flare and completely f*cked my vision. F*ck.

They need to balance things out a bit, and also the starting guns are horrid. When I first started you pretty much had to endure getting raped up the ass until you progress up the ranks. Not good for anyone just getting into bf.
Old December 6, 2011, 05:23 AM
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post

one thing:

The Glare... FFS it is HORRIBLY annoying. I guess EA is trying to be "realistic" but I can't remember the last time looking in the direction of the sun in real life, had huge lens flare and completely f*cked my vision. F*ck.

They need to balance things out a bit, and also the starting guns are horrid. When I first started you pretty much had to endure getting raped up the ass until you progress up the ranks. Not good for anyone just getting into bf.
Coulda sworn my guy is wearing sun glasses, which are designed specifically to cut down and remove glare from the sun
Old December 6, 2011, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishtar View Post
The one thing I am hating about BF3 is the lack of coms in a squad unless I tab out and invite them all as friends and then into a group. Hopefully they will have a fix some day that makes squad coms auto and you can just turn it off if you do not like it.
Not gonna happen:

Twitter / Daniel Matros: @Dem0nAir We´re keeping th ...

Patch went live this morning - look forward to flying my buffed-up jets tonight.
Old December 6, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post

Exactly the same thing I'm finding.

I'm at a HORRIBLE disadvantage vs anyone when I get in the air. These guys lock on and kill me within seconds of taking off with their upgraded weapons and stealth. My K/D ratio is 1:4 on some servers when trying to fly.

I miss the days when you could just play a game and have fun. Now you've got to, err... "grind" your guy up on a near empty server in order to PvP on the battlegrounds.... ah... I mean Battlefield. Wait a minute, what ******* game are we playing here?

At least with *some* games they group PvP players within ranges of experience, not a level 50 vs a n00b. I miss the original BF a tremendous amount sometimes.

Not all people have the ability to pour 8 hours a day into BF3.
Old December 6, 2011, 11:14 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Exactly the same thing I'm finding.

I'm at a HORRIBLE disadvantage vs anyone when I get in the air. These guys lock on and kill me within seconds of taking off with their upgraded weapons and stealth. My K/D ratio is 1:4 on some servers when trying to fly.

I miss the days when you could just play a game and have fun. Now you've got to, err... "grind" your guy up on a near empty server in order to PvP on the battlegrounds.... ah... I mean Battlefield. Wait a minute, what ******* game are we playing here?

At least with *some* games they group PvP players within ranges of experience, not a level 50 vs a n00b. I miss the original BF a tremendous amount sometimes.

Not all people have the ability to pour 8 hours a day into BF3.
Nobody wants to play games anymore "just for the sake of playing". They feel they need some sort of progression system to make it feel like they're actually accomplishing something and spending their time wisely. Blame Achievements and COD4 for this.

Edit: I'm blaming COD4 not because it was bad, but because it essentially jumpstarted this whole "unlock level profession" thing.
Old December 6, 2011, 12:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ya the sun glare needs to go just like the flash light glare needs to get dropped even more.

I can see what they are trying to do, but it's just TOO much.

Also, anyone else feeling completely annoyed with the unlock system? I understand it's purpose, but couldn't they make things like different outfits and such the MAIN part of the unlocks and just give us the full load-out? ESPECIALLY on vehicles. These days the main people that kill me at those 5 star+ generals that do literally nothing but play BF3 24/7. I don't even bother getting into the air anymore since, like stated above, I don't stand a chance with a zero unlocks aircraft.

Not even level 20 yet, heheh. It's pretty terribly unbalancing, and there doesn't seem to be a proper "match making" system in place for it either. Generals shouldn't be teamed with anyone they are 30+ levels over unless they specifically join with a team-mate lower than them.