Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2011, 04:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Patch has also increased server instability it seems as well.
Old November 23, 2011, 05:51 AM
Allstar

hey Roger Ill try some coop with you, Ill msg you when i get on.
Old November 23, 2011, 11:34 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Patch thoughts:

UI:
I didn't see a problem with the squad screen, though it is nicer now I have to admit.
No fix for the stupid chat box? The singularly most requested UI fix? If they're not going to make it opaque they could at least give you the option to disable it.

Weapons:
Sure glad I spent all that time unlocking the G3 just to see it nerfed - jerks! On the bright side, that persuaded me to try the AEK-971 which ROCKS.
I like that my PDW or whatever it's called is now useful at ranges more than 10m
What happened to the supposed fix for tac lights? Though it was amusing last night when a sniper was trying to hide from my tank but had his light on so I could see him a mile away. Why would snipers use tac light anyway???
Miniguns on the heli's are deadly now - about time!

Other:
Avira hates the patch & detects it as a trojan. Spent a while fiddling around with AV settings to get it to ignore bf3.exe before it'd let me play.
Old November 23, 2011, 11:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

GregH, I have something better, not pertaining to the patch but to the flashlight/red dot laser. I'll play in games where people will use the smoke grenade to allow a rush to be more successful as well it'll be harder for the opponent to see. The thing is though, these people who use the flashlight/red dot laser seem to leave them on while going through the smoke, essentially making themselves the easiest target to see as all you see is smoke + flashlight or Red and just mow them down.
Old November 23, 2011, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Eyefinity is much better. I ran my full 5760x1080 resolution on medium. However I can see that my GPUs are having a hard time maintaining 60fps now, but that's alright. The only thing that is still messed up is the HUD not being centred.
Old November 24, 2011, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sweet mother of god o.o
Old November 24, 2011, 09:28 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post

sweet mother of god o.o

Wait until you get in the Colonel levels. You'll need rounds like that everytime to make it seem like you're ranking up at all if any.
Dell U3011 + Yamakasi Sparta 301
Asus Z87-A
12GB Dominator 1800
Samsung 840 pro 256gb
Corsair HSX 1000watts
Mountain Mod UFO-U2
Razer Deathadder 2014
Logitech G510
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Sennheisers PC360
2 X 150GB Raptor X RAID 0

Old November 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had a huge problem with BF3 stuttering / lagging. It was unplayable.

It was really hard to figure out if it was mouse lag or frame rate lag.

Eventually, out of frustration and desperation I disabled Avast AV, which for the most part I forgot was even there.

Lo and behold, lag is gone and I can now play co-op missions, which didn't work before. The button just didn't do anything when clicked. (I figured that was just a bug that would be fixed eventually)

Anyone with issues, try neutering the AV you use..... absolutely nothing else helped me and I tried a LOT of things trying to get it to work.
Old November 24, 2011, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by implosion222 View Post
Wait until you get in the Colonel levels. You'll need rounds like that everytime to make it seem like you're ranking up at all if any.
Yep, that game is from a sever I have been introducing to a lot of people. It's Conquest 64 on Metro, with 1k tickets, with RPGs, M320s, and mortars banned.
Old November 24, 2011, 11:39 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I had a huge problem with BF3 stuttering / lagging. It was unplayable.

It was really hard to figure out if it was mouse lag or frame rate lag.

Eventually, out of frustration and desperation I disabled Avast AV, which for the most part I forgot was even there.

Lo and behold, lag is gone and I can now play co-op missions, which didn't work before. The button just didn't do anything when clicked. (I figured that was just a bug that would be fixed eventually)

Anyone with issues, try neutering the AV you use..... absolutely nothing else helped me and I tried a LOT of things trying to get it to work.
Hmm...I'll have to try that.
My game generally runs around 30-50 FPS but every now & then it drops down to about 10 and becomes unplayable. That happened EVERY TIME when trying to do co-op. I'm on Avira rather than Avast but will give it a try tonight & see if it makes a difference.