Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 11:48 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
I couldn't bind mouse buttons during the beta for the life of me. I've had no issues since it was released though. What kind of mouse do you have out of curiosity?
Do you have key strokes assigned to your mouse buttons, or are they set to default values?
Old November 1, 2011, 01:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yup, i've got "throw grenade" and "melee" bound to my side mouse buttons.
Old November 1, 2011, 01:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Yup, i've got "throw grenade" and "melee" bound to my side mouse buttons.
Lol that doesn't answer my question
When you bind those side buttons in BF3, do you bind them in the mouse column, or do you bind them in the keyboard column?

If you bind them in the keyboard column, then your side buttons are assigned key strokes which are then assigned "keyboard actions" in the game.

If you bind them in the mouse column, then the game actually sees your side buttons as mouse buttons and it's nice to know the game now behaves like that. If this is the case, I'm curious to know what "button name" the game is giving your side buttons.
Old November 1, 2011, 02:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze_125 View Post
Lol that doesn't answer my question
When you bind those side buttons in BF3, do you bind them in the mouse column, or do you bind them in the keyboard column?

If you bind them in the keyboard column, then your side buttons are assigned key strokes which are then assigned "keyboard actions" in the game.

If you bind them in the mouse column, then the game actually sees your side buttons as mouse buttons and it's nice to know the game now behaves like that. If this is the case, I'm curious to know what "button name" the game is giving your side buttons.
OHHH.. that's what you meant lol. Yea, they are bound in the mouse column and show up as "Mouse6" or "Mouse7" or something.
Old November 1, 2011, 02:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I couldn't bind mouse buttons during the beta for the life of me. I've had no issues since it was released though. What kind of mouse do you have out of curiosity?
A Logitech G500.

And when I press assign key in the mouse column, the "press key" dialog comes up but it doesn't read my mouse button press to assign it. For example, I usually have my knife set to button 4 and grenade to button 5, but it doesn't read it when I press the button.
Old November 1, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sugar, assign the mouse buttons in the logitech configuration to the keyboard buttons, that's what i did with my G500 and it works perfectly.
Old November 1, 2011, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Sugar, assign the mouse buttons in the logitech configuration to the keyboard buttons, that's what i did with my G500 and it works perfectly.
Same I just remapped one of my mouse profiles. Simple click to go from BF3 to ME2 to C&C to desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 1, 2011, 05:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I stopped working a few minutes and tried BF3 real quick since I bought the game yesterday... am I the only one appaled by the mouse sensitivity and how awkward it feels? o.O

There is some people talking on forums about 'negative mouse acceleration' in the beta and EA supposed to take it off soon (I would have guessed on release day) but is that still there? Is there a way to turn it off or something? Its awful =/

(if I'm posting in the wrong thread tell me)
Old November 1, 2011, 08:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. No, really, thank you. I don't know why I forgot about that. I'd blame it on Monday, but it's not that either.
Old November 1, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

all Pc Game: Logitech G500 mouse configuration for Battlefield Bad Company 2
I use that profile for BC2/BF3.