Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2011, 10:57 AM
Top Prospect

You can play the game offline. With origin in offline mode just click your bf3.exe. Everybody who unlocked early was playing single player before battlelog was even available, myself being one of the many that did this.
Old October 26, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can't you just open the bf3.exe file from it's install folder without Origin even running to play single player? I don't understand what everyone's hate for battlelog is. It works fine, I have my game loaded on my SSD and it loads pretty quick.
Old October 26, 2011, 12:00 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
Everything is up to date, OS, drivers, DX, all that jazz.
4 GB RAM.

For now I suspect my pagefile (long time ago I set it at 512 MB and no problems whatsoever until now) or maybe all that Ultra settings doesn't fit in my VRAM.
I'll test more tonight.
It is your pagefile, I had the same problem in the beta.
Old October 26, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Can't you just open the bf3.exe file from it's install folder without Origin even running to play single player? I don't understand what everyone's hate for battlelog is. It works fine, I have my game loaded on my SSD and it loads pretty quick.
I dont hate it just think it could be implemented better, like I said love the idea.

I just didnt find any increase in loadtimes from moving from a hdd to a ssd and TBH thought i would, I see it with outer games. Mind you I do know a ssd isnt holy grail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 26, 2011, 01:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
How is battlelog a waste of time? a browser driven game browser is fantastic if you ask me, and it seems to work decently well. having it separate from the main game has so many advantages it's crazy.

It's a big game, and takes long to load sometimes. I'm just guessing?
It's a waste of time because it's useless, when you get right down to it.

They should have made battlelog an optional stat tracker for people that wanted it, but not made it a REQUIREMENT to launching MP/COOP/SP games(SP can be launched with origin offline ofc). Allowing epeens strokers and fanbois to share as they wanted and letting those of us who just play for fun to do something else. I see what they are trying to do, but it's annoyingly pointless.

I've been seeing so many issues cropping up from people just wanting to play SP but their browser needed updating, then the add-on screwed up. Reinstall, weee!

It's just pointless over-head that quite honestly serves no real purpose. I use it because I have to, given the option to browse in-game(like the consoles get to) I would much prefer it. I feel it adds to the immersion. You're in-game, music going, yadda yadda...

It shouldn't take that long to load, I think it's a server side thing since the beta had none of that lag. I would click "go to game" and bam, presented with my selection screen. No it's click > wait another 5 minutes. The game isn't that big. Actually it's quite small all things considered.

All that said, can't wait to get home and troubleshoot/play again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I think because it's ugly, serves no purpose and only compounds issues cropping up? ;)
Old October 26, 2011, 01:15 PM
Top Prospect

Anyone notice surround sound not working in Single Player (haven't tried multiplayer yet).

Auzentech soundcard in 5.1 analogue mode to a 5.1 receiver. Other games work just fine. BF3 is set to "home cinema".
Old October 26, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I dunno man it takes like 2 seconds to click on Multiplay/Co-op/Campaign, and then it starts loading the game for you, I don't see how that becomes complicated and makes issues, compared to opening the game and going through an in-game menu. Ugly is a matter preference.
Old October 26, 2011, 01:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I kind of like the battle log system. Lets you surf the web while you are waiting for a Co-Op partner to log in, without having to tab out. To each his/her own I suppose.
Old October 26, 2011, 01:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bao View Post
Anyone notice surround sound not working in Single Player (haven't tried multiplayer yet).

Auzentech soundcard in 5.1 analogue mode to a 5.1 receiver. Other games work just fine. BF3 is set to "home cinema".
I haven't... but I did notice that some key binds don't carry over from multi player to single player and that's really annoying. BFBC2 did the same thing.

Battle log?
Internet browsers are memory hogs. So that battle log is just another waste of memory for a game that's already memory hungry.
Old October 26, 2011, 06:17 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sweet baby Jesus does this game look good!

It makes everything else look like....well.....absolute crap.