Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   ps2 component cable: where to buy (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/40040-ps2-component-cable-where-buy.html)

On2wheels January 20, 2011 06:10 AM

ps2 component cable: where to buy

I'm just getting into console gaming, and looking for a component cable for a ps2, are there any retailers selling them for cheap? I don't want to pay futureshop or BB inflated prices, and I know ebay has some from hong kong for super cheap but what if i wanted it this weekend. Does walmart or ebgames even sell them anymore? I'm in the ottawa area if anyone has one for sale.

TimTheEnchanter January 20, 2011 06:46 AM

Well i don't know if the component cable is specific for the ps2, but you might have to take a look at The Source... or simply ask friends and family, you might be surprised at how many people have this console.

Otherwise, you have to make a choice : get it for cheap and wait OR get it now and pay the price. That's how it works most of the time.

Dr_BenD_over January 20, 2011 07:58 AM

Playstation A/V Pinout

Doesn't look like it's a standard cable, so you'll probably get gouged no matter what. Try something like the Superstore, they have quite a selection of cables at decent prices.

Thund3rball January 20, 2011 12:29 PM

Try craigslist? Also...games you should play (some personal faves and other top games).

God of War 1&2
Sly Cooper 1,2&3
007 Everything or Nothing
XIII
Logan's Shadow
RE4
Ico
Shadow o/t Colossus
Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal
SW Bounty Hunter
SOCOM 2
Black
MGS 3
Okami

lcdguy January 20, 2011 01:08 PM

For only $3.59 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Component cable for PS2/PS3 Sony Playstation | For Play Station

they say it's for a ps2/ps3 not sure if sony changed the cable since most would be using HDMI for the ps3.

headsh0t January 20, 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcdguy (Post 476493)
For only $3.59 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Component cable for PS2/PS3 Sony Playstation | For Play Station

they say it's for a ps2/ps3 not sure if sony changed the cable since most would be using HDMI for the ps3.

It would work for both since they both have that proprietary connector end for the analog inputs. There isn't much of an advantage using a component cable anyways, all you get is 480p over 480i on PS2. It's probably way easier to find composite cables for PS2/PS3.

lcdguy January 20, 2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 476500)
It would work for both since they both have that proprietary connector end for the analog inputs. There isn't much of an advantage using a component cable anyways, all you get is 480p over 480i on PS2. It's probably way easier to find composite cables for PS2/PS3.

For only $3.74 each when QTY 50+ purchased - S-video/AV cable for PS2/PS3 Sony Playstation (gold plate) | For Play Station

there you go :biggrin:

headsh0t January 20, 2011 03:29 PM

Well i meant locally, since he doesn't want to wait for it to be shipped.

jcmaz January 20, 2011 04:01 PM

EB and Walmart sells them. You get ripped from EB tho. Walmart has them for $15 last time I checked. Monoprice is still the cheapest, even with shipping.

@ Thund3rball: you forgot Gran Turismo 4.

On2wheels January 20, 2011 06:29 PM

I found some cheap ones on ebay, still in ontario, so should be quicker than monoprice. That's a good list of games there, and I'm bidding on a GT4 now too. I've got an optical cable coming too for surround, hope it's worth it. thanks guys.