@Thund3rBall
and you forgot MGS2

Old January 21, 2011, 04:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
It's probably way easier to find composite cables for PS2/PS3.
It is, the PS1, PS2 and PS3 all use the same AV connector on the back and the composite cables for them can be interchanged between all three models.
However, for those curious I have been hearing that the PS1 cannot do component.. I do not have a component cable to test that though, only composite cables.

But yes, look around in second hand shops and such for any composite cable or if you really want, a PS2/PS3 component cable.
Old February 3, 2011, 08:20 AM
Allstar

OK, so I've got the component cable, but somethings' not right, and I'm guessing it's my tv. Maybe you guys know the quick answer.

For starters, it's an old Sony Wega, model KV-32FS13, and I can view dvd movies fine using a regular dvd player and the component inputs. Now I'm no expert on video types, but when I go into the ps2 settings screen, and make sure the YPrPg(?) is turned on, I can still see a good picture in some games, but in Gran Turismo 4, if I go into video settings and try to turn on 480p, the screen gets scrambled, and I have to wait for it to revert back to "normal" (whatever mode that is).
Is it just that my tv doesn't support 480p that I cant play GT4 in that mode? (it had 1080p setting also but I assumed its a no go). If so, what do dvd's play at when using component cables?

edit: may have found my answer: Question about Progressive Scan DVD and Sony Wega TV [Archive] - AnandTech Forums
:( damn

Last edited by On2wheels; February 3, 2011 at 09:25 AM.