Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2008, 01:01 AM
Rookie

Default Thinkin about Vent Server

Looking at starting up a vent server, Im going to get hosting done through UGT. I can make multiple channels for games and such, but for now it will be restricted to 10 slots unless this shows more interest. There is an option to bill monthly on ugt where they send a bill through e-mail and I pay it through paypal which also gives me the option to share a link with anyone willing to donate funds to support the server if this is the case and we have more interest I can upgrade server to host more people and set up multiple rooms for multiple games. Hopefully there will be some interest in this as it will be nice to have a private vent server. Also hosting will be done through there Seattle based server as I have checked them out and seattle is offering the best pings for me so far, most of the pings dont vary by much and even the japan server is at about 160 ping for me. Please feel free to voice your suggestions
Old January 7, 2008, 10:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

surprise surprise, we actually already have a vent/team speak thread on the go, and we are probably going to be getting one soon! Though I must say, I'm shocked at how few people posted in the thread...oh well, we have 11 votes at least
Old January 7, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for taking the initiative! Hopefully what Llama and others have been working on through HWC will offer what you're looking for while wasing the financial burden of starting one yourself
Old January 7, 2008, 07:46 PM
Rookie

hmm well shortly after I made the post I went ahead and got hosting for a vent server anyway haha