Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 29, 2016, 06:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
Is it a Mod or was it a update?
It is a total separate game from the original. You get it free if you had the original and all 3 DLC's.
Old October 29, 2016, 07:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That sucks.
Old October 29, 2016, 08:26 AM

My System Specs

Played for a bit yesterday. Haven't noticed any physics issues, however I've read that they are exactly the same as original Skyrim. The game performs terribly however. With an overclocked GTX980 I can't even sustain 80FPS w/ detail set to low everything and view distance to the lowest. CPU bottlenecking.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old October 29, 2016, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I downloaded and installed this morning. Haven't played yet. I'll check it out too. I don't expect super high framerates these days because I don't notice so much with G-Sync But I'll see what I get on my 1070. But honestly I've played the original modded a lot and really never noticed the physics thing; didn't impact my gameplay. lowfat is more technical savy in those things than me though. We've established that in other threads :)
Old October 29, 2016, 10:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Played for a bit yesterday. Haven't noticed any physics issues, however I've read that they are exactly the same as original Skyrim. The game performs terribly however. With an overclocked GTX980 I can't even sustain 80FPS w/ detail set to low everything and view distance to the lowest. CPU bottlenecking.
I think this is more of an issue with the Engine showing its age when they start introducing new 'features' that the engine was never designed for (like God Rays).

TBH, I dont see the draw for people. Old Skyrim could do all of the things this edition could other then the recompile to 64 bit (which players were asking for since shortly after release).

I get the game is a Cult classic, but I just feel there are way better choices for Graphics and Storylines and gameplay if you're after any of those things. JM2C though!
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 29, 2016, 12:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysrin View Post
I downloaded and installed this morning. Haven't played yet. I'll check it out too. I don't expect super high framerates these days because I don't notice so much with G-Sync But I'll see what I get on my 1070. But honestly I've played the original modded a lot and really never noticed the physics thing; didn't impact my gameplay. lowfat is more technical savy in those things than me though. We've established that in other threads :)

Hey Lysrin, I didn't realized you upgraded to a 1070. Let me know how it runs on the X34? Seen a noticable improvement over the 980 i guess? Thinking about the same upgrade.
Old October 29, 2016, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I think this is more of an issue with the Engine showing its age when they start introducing new 'features' that the engine was never designed for (like God Rays).

TBH, I dont see the draw for people. Old Skyrim could do all of the things this edition could other then the recompile to 64 bit (which players were asking for since shortly after release).

I get the game is a Cult classic, but I just feel there are way better choices for Graphics and Storylines and gameplay if you're after any of those things. JM2C though!
Thats the big one TBH, 4gb limit was/is harsh when you start adding textures. TBH right now really there isnt anything to be excited about, sure got some new textures but as stated a modded Skyrim gets you to these texture levels now.
Once mods start rolling out for SE, noticeably SKSE that is when we shall start to see the SE shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 29, 2016, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
Hey Lysrin, I didn't realized you upgraded to a 1070. Let me know how it runs on the X34? Seen a noticable improvement over the 980 i guess? Thinking about the same upgrade.
Yeah I did upgrade Groove. I was able to get the ZOTAC 1070 Amp! Extreme review unit that HWC sold on here. Very happy with it. I would say it boosted my fps around 15-20 for most games and combined with G-Sync I'm very pleased with the upgrade for the price. Also I sold the 980 so that cushioned the blow :) Don't know if I would have made the move for a 1070 at full new price plus tax, but at the used price I am very pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

I guess for me Sagath it is still one of the best single player fantasy RPG experiences there is and there is still tonnes in it I haven't done. So keeping that experience going on a 64-bit engine where the modding will only get better is great. I already had all the DLC so SE is free for me. Kind of a no brainer since I want to keep playing. I am also playing Witcher 3 these days, and it is very good, but there is still something special about Skyrim. Witcher 3 is certainly newer and better graphics, and the story is definitely keeping me interested, but Skyrim is nice because it's kind of a bit more high fantasy and less dark than Witcher. Sometimes that suits my mood better. There is also the aspect in Skyrim of me making the character I want rather than playing the Witcher. I am playing the Good Guy Witcher choices as much as possible, but Skyrim still feels more open and flexible to me. Anyway, that's why SE and Witcher will both be on my PC for a good while yet.
Old November 1, 2016, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Heads up CK is out for the SE now, login to your acct to download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 1, 2016, 03:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

CK?

Is there an easy peasy tutorial for installing one or two mods?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 1X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / Uncased 256GB Sandisk Z400S SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM