Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2012, 07:43 AM
Allstar

Yeah that girl you get, Samera(?) is a good fighting follower, she holds her own, and her ranged attacks are decent. I went for the cure, had the Vamp sickness removed, but still have the option to let her bite me to infect me again. Not sure how this affects the plotline, I think I'm done the main ones, good story.

Now to figure out how to back up enough in the storyline to play as dawnguard but use my same character. Don't think my saves go back that far, should they?
Old March 18, 2013, 12:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Finally started playing this and while it looks fantastic with the highres textures, I think the inventory system leaves a lot to be desired. I find myself spending too much time sorting through and discarding crap.
Old March 18, 2013, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Crap I should really get back to this and actually finish it. After Tomb Raider is done perhaps.

Old March 18, 2013, 12:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Lol, I'm putting Tombraider off until I finish this.
Old March 18, 2013, 12:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I agree SugarJ.
The limit on how much you can carry and also the limited money each vendor has for buying all your junk.

The biggest improvement to this game would be to eliminate ALL THE CRAP you can pick up and just leave the good/useful stuff... and also reduce the amount of the useful stuff = make crafting more streamlined.
I just HATE all the searching through the garbage to find the one thing I want or need.
Old March 18, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit View Post
I agree SugarJ.
The limit on how much you can carry and also the limited money each vendor has for buying all your junk.

The biggest improvement to this game would be to eliminate ALL THE CRAP you can pick up and just leave the good/useful stuff... and also reduce the amount of the useful stuff = make crafting more streamlined.
I just HATE all the searching through the garbage to find the one thing I want or need.
You do realize that you could just not pick up anything that you dont want right? Admittedly I feel a compulsion to pick and collect everything. In my last playthrough I think I had a collection of every suit of armor and weapon that was in the game.

Inventory and the merchants do need an overhaul but thats why we have mods
Old March 18, 2013, 01:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Use the SkyUI mod for a better inventory layout:

SkyUI at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
Old March 18, 2013, 08:34 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I am running the plugins: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, Better dynamic snow, Realistic ragdoll, Realistic lighting.

Mods are enhanced distant terrain, lush tress and grass, and SkyUI.

51 levels in and am enjoying the game, kind of a mage/assassin build.

Old March 18, 2013, 11:17 PM
MVP

SkyUI is definitely essential. I like the number of items in the game. It lends to the immersion of the series. Learning what to loot and where to sell made the game more interesting to me. Perhaps because the rest of the game doesn't require a lot of thought or strategy. If I recall correctly, Riften is the best place to sell... but it's been a while. I can see how this could be bothersome to someone with OCD though. ;)

I recently started playing again to complete Dragonborn. I enjoyed it and hope they release another significant campaign.

I would love to see an Obsidian take on Skyrim. I think they'd make a much better game. New Vegas is an all-time favourite of mine. I know it's not going to happen though. I feel like the engine has an incredible amount of wasted potential for BG/NWN style quests and stories.
Old March 19, 2013, 09:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Installed SkyUI per the suggestions above, it helps a lot. I don't like that I have to use the SKSEloader instead of starting through Steam, but it's liveable.