Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not real impressed with the DLC Hi-res or how the workshop is operated, auto-updating may sound like a good idea but it sure as hell isnt when talking about mods. Until this gets sorted out and maybe a disable auto=updating I will be sticking with NMM.
I have disabled the DLC hi res and gone back to 2K's pack with other mod augmenting 2K rather than the DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old February 9, 2012, 03:03 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

The Skyrim team came up with some neat stuff:

Skyrimgamejam - YouTube

I want it. I hope they put some of that out as a patch or even a DLC.
Old February 18, 2012, 02:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I do have one gripe about Skyrim; I wish the main "campaign" was longer and involved even more required side quests. I just found it didn't take long to get to the point of confronting Alduin.

Skyrim is so massive they could have incorporated more into the main quest, like having to unite more people behind you (which could have had many sub quests for different cultures/factions), needing to find more info on the past blades and on elder scrolls, build up and train the blades, etc. etc.

Even settling the "war" between stormcloaks and the imperials could have been required first, with slightly different consequences or ending battles resulting.

Other than that (and the glitches) awesome game! I just find that, for me, a game starts to lose a little of its draw once the main quest is done.
Old February 20, 2012, 07:18 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

That is why you do as many side quests as you can first! I am level 33 and I have only just initiated the main quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm001 View Post
I do have one gripe about Skyrim; I wish the main "campaign" was longer and involved even more required side quests. I just found it didn't take long to get to the point of confronting Alduin.

Skyrim is so massive they could have incorporated more into the main quest, like having to unite more people behind you (which could have had many sub quests for different cultures/factions), needing to find more info on the past blades and on elder scrolls, build up and train the blades, etc. etc.

Even settling the "war" between stormcloaks and the imperials could have been required first, with slightly different consequences or ending battles resulting.

Other than that (and the glitches) awesome game! I just find that, for me, a game starts to lose a little of its draw once the main quest is done.
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770K (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED
Old February 20, 2012, 07:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... been hitting the game pretty hard over the last week or so, and have to agree that the main quest seems a bit rushed considering how large the map is.

OTOH, the map is absolutely huge!!!!

I think I've mentioned it before, but it's worth mentioning again... gotta love a game that gives you vertigo on a 24" screen..... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 20, 2012, 12:11 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I think I've mentioned it before, but it's worth mentioning again... gotta love a game that gives you vertigo on a 24" screen..... ;)
You should see it on three 27" displays.
Old February 20, 2012, 12:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
You should see it on three 27" displays.
Heh... I'm not sure I want to.... I've got a serious fear of heights, and even on a single 24" screen, get the willies when I'm perched precariously atop some mountain I've spent 10 minutes "jumping" up the side of in order to see what's there..... Looking over the side from the mountaintop watch buildings is pretty freaky as well.... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varroa View Post
That is why you do as many side quests as you can first! I am level 33 and I have only just initiated the main quest.
I thought I had only gone a little ways into the main quest and then I started many, many other side quests. When I look back now I was actually about 2/3's of the way through the main quest. I was at level 43 when I finished the main quest, and with my dual-wielding enchanted daedric swords (with one hand and dual perks maxed out) I was killing dragons and dragon priests with one high powered dual wield flurry attack, Alduin took 2 such attacks . So then the main quest wasn't much of a challenge, as well as seeming short.

@sswilson - I got some vertigo on a 22" screen
Old February 20, 2012, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm only level 15 and clocked in over 20 some odd hours.

No idea what quest line I'm on but I just helped Madonach escape from Prison
Old February 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I'm only level 15 and clocked in over 20 some odd hours.

No idea what quest line I'm on but I just helped Madonach escape from Prison
Never really looked before, but I just checked; I've logged a little over 97 hours! I guess I have been playing it, mostly in the evenings (as I work days), since about the middle of November. I never realized that I've put 3 months into this game! And there is still much more I can do.

However, I still wish the main quest was longer.

Maybe I'll start a new character and do some of the side quests I haven't yet done. And install some nexus mods right from the start, like wars in skyrim, warzones: civil unrest, deadly dragons, midas magic, etc, etc. - give it a whole new feel!

Last edited by ccm001; February 20, 2012 at 05:10 PM.