Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2012, 08:09 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I still dont get great performance out of them crappy scaling and stutter issues. But rock solid stable on just one 6970, though I still get a solid57-60 fps on just one so no real need for xfire.
Running 41 mods.
One 6850 gave me good performance until I started adding texture mods. I had to turn off the 2k hd mod because it slowed things down too much. But now I'll take the occasional microstutter to be able to add all the eye candy textures ;)

41 mods! Geez. Have any suggestions for me? Here's what I'm running:
-Skyrim HD 2k textures
-Enhanced Night Skyrim
-A Quality world map - all roads
-Better females by bella
-Detailed faces
-Improved NPC clothing
-No more blocky faces
-Realistic lighting without post processing
-Realistic water textures
-Skyrim Flora overhaul
-SkyUI
-TESV Acceleration layer
Old January 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm001 View Post
One 6850 gave me good performance until I started adding texture mods. I had to turn off the 2k hd mod because it slowed things down too much. But now I'll take the occasional microstutter to be able to add all the eye candy textures ;)

-Skyrim HD 2k textures
-Enhanced Night Skyrim
-Better females by bella
-Detailed faces
-Improved NPC clothing
-No more blocky faces
-Skyrim Flora overhaul
-SkyUI
-TESV Acceleration layer
Started a Mods thread on Skyrim here: Skyrim: What Mods are You Running Thread

Sorry HWC wasnt liking all the links so I wrapped it in code to get them to post.
Enjoy and PM me if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 22, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Details on the new patch and creation kit coming soon:

News on the Creation Kit and Game Updates | Bethesda Blog

Old January 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Steam Beta users patch 1.4.15.0.4 is out, no idea what mods it breaks going to give it a go later tonight.

No CK isnt part of the patch yet.

EDIT:

Wow very nice patch completely fixed the shimmering texture issue that I was having with firelight.

Didnt fix my Xfire stutter though but I already nailed it down to a driver issue for me.

While I have not really had a issue with FPS before this even with just a single 6970, FPS are slightly higher but it feels way smoother. If you get a cell stutter right off the bat just resave then load that save seams it is a issue with loading from a older savefile.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...

Last edited by Supergrover; January 23, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old January 24, 2012, 03:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

bah, the beta patch didnt fix the Blood in the Snow quest for me. Hopefully I will be able to do it in my next playthrough.
Old January 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, finally got a chance to play for an extended period of time. (new dell 24" showing up was a perfect excuse... ;) )

3 1/2 hours in and I really haven't accomplished much other than a fair bit of random rambling.... absolutely perfect! That's exactly what I'm looking for in an RPG. I have to say though... those one shot kills by the wandering giants are pretty annoying... :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 25, 2012, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Well, finally got a chance to play for an extended period of time. (new dell 24" showing up was a perfect excuse... ;) )

3 1/2 hours in and I really haven't accomplished much other than a fair bit of random rambling.... absolutely perfect! That's exactly what I'm looking for in an RPG. I have to say though... those one shot kills by the wandering giants are pretty annoying... :)
Thats the beauty of the game IMO, you can simply wander around doing minimal main quests for ages.
Giants are a pita when your low leveled, kite them with a bow, slow poison works wonders.

Quote:
Old January 26, 2012, 03:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

ign actually got it right what skyrim needs is consequence. my murder count got well into the 4 digits at least by the end of my first playthrough and i was only ever accosted by guards twice at most, with very little bribing. at the very least gangs of bounty hunters should hunt you at higher levels and give you a fight. I think I actually had a dark brotherhood person try to kill me really early game but only once and it was never spoken of again nor did it happen again, things like that could have been awesome. Also the fact that you can be head of every guild despite the morality (not sure if thats the correct word) of each of them.

Also it never really felt like a war was going on to me, i expected to run accross skirmishes as I was wandering. Waiting for mods to fix this for me.

I also dont understand why new vegas hard core mode was missing, would have liked that and its just very conspicuous by its absence.

I still love this game and this is nitpicking for the most part but it could have been even better and i'm just waiting for mods to make it so now.
Old January 27, 2012, 09:01 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm001 View Post

-Skyrim HD 2k textures
-Enhanced Night Skyrim
-Better females by bella
-Detailed faces
-Improved NPC clothing
-No more blocky faces
-Skyrim Flora overhaul
-SkyUI
-TESV Acceleration layer
how much is fps affected by all that?
Old January 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh... well after a 7+ hr session, I'm willing to give skyrim my "just as good or better than Oblivion" seal of approval.

I don't know what folks are complaining about WRT the graphics (I haven't tried them without the 2K texture pack though), and if you're the kind of player who doesn't like doing the mindless ingredients harvesting, and climbing mountains just because they're there... Skyrim might not be for you.... if on the other hand, you're like me and will gladly spend 7 hours just running around through the backwoods (trying to build up enough cash for a house as well... ;) ), then Skyrim is probably your cup of tea, and you might even get a good year or two of play out of it.... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP