Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 24, 2011, 11:30 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deskno9 View Post
I hope the action would be something like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic's.
Agree. It was hard to go back to Oblivion after playing Dark Messiah.

And I just watched that trailer a few minutes ago. Looks pretty damn slick.
Old February 24, 2011, 11:01 PM
Rookie

Just watched the new trailer - a bit worried about the actual in-game motion (at 1:46 or so, vs spider, the swing motion looks and feels similar to how it was in TES4.. and 3), but it has 7 more months to be polished. Overall, satisfied :D
Old April 24, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, looks like another title screwed over because of the completely outdated consoles.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim “mostly a DirectX 9 game.” DirectX 11 support a possibility | PC Gamer

This could be the most amazing visual game but it won't be. So far all the builds seen have been for the 360 and while sure it looks nice, just imagine what could be done if they just programed for a PC with current generation graphics. I am getting very annoyed with all of my games going to the console. Look if they want them on the console fine, but program for the high end PC and then downgrade in the port to the console. That way everyone will get the best they can, not just console gamers.

I guess on the bright side I should have no issue with this on my 580.

Old April 24, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This shouldn't come as a surprise. Ever since people whined up a storm over Crysis back in 2007 games have been dumbed down and controls messed with. Expect this to continue. The PC will follow the console. Not the other way round.

Edit: Oh, and, on the bright side I should have no issue with this on my X1950 Pro while my 5870 sits idle. Think of the money we will save by no longer having a reason to upgrade our gaming systems!
Old April 24, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just to make sure we don't get any ideas of it being better on a better platform

News: Skyrim 'looks the same' when playing on PC and console - Bethesda - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Old April 24, 2011, 01:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, at least PS4 and Xbox720 should be coming out next year hopefully so we can see a jump in games quality :P Bethesda have always had a hard-on for Xbox360 for some reason, and have even snuffed the PS3 in the past. Not really a surprise to me at this point.
Old April 24, 2011, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Well, at least PS4 and Xbox720 should be coming out next year hopefully so we can see a jump in games quality :P Bethesda have always had a hard-on for Xbox360 for some reason, and have even snuffed the PS3 in the past. Not really a surprise to me at this point.
Unfortunately the latest I have heard was that both Sony and Microsoft have delayed releasing new consoles until possible 2014.

Old August 4, 2011, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just a little update Skyrim is now available for pre-purchase on Steam.

Pre-purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Steam

Old September 5, 2011, 08:25 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Not a Skyrim thread in sight? I can't be the only one super excited for this release. Only two more months!

I still get goosebumps when I watch this trailer. I almost convinced myself to buy the Collectors Edition for PC (which I never do for any game) Luckily the $200.00AUD price tag slapped some sense into me. Still looking forward to getting it on Steam though!

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Official Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

This and RAGE, Bethesda has got some good stuff lined up for us.
Old September 5, 2011, 08:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Skyrim : CE here, worth the money for Alduin alone