Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

doesn't work for myself either. I am a sword right hand , spells left hand
Old November 27, 2011, 08:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

You know you can just go into the weapons menu and right click one and left click the other weapon to dual wield them?

It's a PITA I know when switching from spells to heal or do damage but it is easy enough. I also select the rename option when I enchant them and I rename my weapons and armor to AA----- so that they appear at the top of my menu and I can select them quickly.
Old November 27, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just figured out how to enchant a recharge weapons lol which is kind of sad
Old November 27, 2011, 08:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just finished leveling blacksmithing, dragon armor is nice (light armor) but sadly not the best since there's no perks to using it other than high armor...I'll have to go thru enchanting I guess.
Old November 28, 2011, 04:43 AM
Allstar

I still dont know how to enchant.
Old November 28, 2011, 08:05 AM
MVP

1)Find some weps armour or jewelry that gives a stat bonus.
2)Take it to an Arcane Enchanter table. Disenchant it to learn the enchant.
3)When enchanting for resale, certain enchants are worth a lot more than others - enhance 2H, enhance archery, enhance sneak are all worth a lot of $
4)To enchant an item, you will need a filled soul gem. Instead of seeing 'Petty Soul Gem', you will see 'Petty Soul Gem (Petty)'
5)You can buy them from merchants filled, or fill them yourself 2 different ways
5a)there's a magical spell you cast over a mob, then you have to kill it in a certain time period
5b)weapons can be enchanted to fill soul gems if mob is killed in x seconds (varies, have seen 3sec-6sec). There is at least 1 weapon in the world that is pre-enchanted. When you kill a mob, a thunderclap goes off and you will see the mob's soul streaming into your body. Congrats, you have filled a soul gem.
6)To enchant, you make 3 choices - item, then enchant, then you have to pick the level of soul gem to use. It gives you a list of all the ones you have on hand, the ones at the top of the list give you the strongest enchant. It doesn't always go by name, I have had a Lesser soul gem give a stronger enchant than a Grand soul gem - the way they are listed in the inventory table has always been correct, strongest at the top.
7)Keep in mind that you have to keep adding perks at the first level of Enchanting till filled, to get the strongest enchants. If you only have 1 point in enchanting, you will get pretty weak enchants.
8)At level 100 enchanting, you can get a perk which allows 2 enchants per item.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old November 28, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you need to get enchants before you can actually enchant I was running around disenchanting allot of enchanted items that I wouldn't use
Old November 28, 2011, 09:06 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keto View Post
5b)weapons can be enchanted to fill soul gems if mob is killed in x seconds (varies, have seen 3sec-6sec). There is at least 1 weapon in the world that is pre-enchanted. When you kill a mob, a thunderclap goes off and you will see the mob's soul streaming into your body. Congrats, you have filled a soul gem.
I like to give a weapon that fills the soul gems to my companion.
Warning: A soul gem is filled with the best fit available for the empty soul gems you have matched to the soul of the critter you kill. If you have 10 empty "Grand" soul gems they will fill with a "petty" soul if they are the only empty soul gems you have = you waste the empty grand soul gem on a petty soul that fills it.
Soloution: If you have your companion using a soul gem filling weapon only give him empty petty and common soul gems. Then before a boss fight give him your grand soul gems = that way the grand will be filled with a grand soul and not wasted on a petty.
Also only a "Black soul gem" will hold human souls the purple one you find a ton of will only hold critter souls.
So match your empty soul gem sizes to the enemy whose soul you are going to capture to try to make best use of those precious soul gems.
Enchanting is WAY overpowered so it's worth the effort to make the most of it.

Another tip = when you enchant armor it is permanent and retains it's charge. Weapons use the charge you put into it with each hit so you need to recharge them after using a few times. Another tip when enchanting weapons is you don't have to make the damage yu select the ost powerful as a more powerful enchant uses up the charge faster. For example if you put +30 fire damage enchant on you might only get 100 hits in before the charge is gone and you need to refill but if you put +15 fire damage on you get a lot more hits in before it needs a recharge. You select the damage amount at the same time you select the enchant to put on the weapon but you have to override as it will default to the most powerful damage available.
Old November 28, 2011, 09:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

100 Ways To Die In Skyrim - YouTube
Old November 28, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am pretty good at allot of those lol