Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2011, 05:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
Haven't had much time to play this last week, clockin in at around 30 hours, and crash to desktop is pretty regular for me. OH WELL. It doesn't stop me from enjoying this awesome game lol.

Been playing as mainly a thief type character (sadly my pickpocket skill is garbage) and I am around level 23. Does anyone else find that the bow and arrow is probably OP?

currently doing Dark Brotherhood quests right now (getting real good), but I really want to focus on enchanting/blacksmithing lol.

so much to do!
The Large address aware patch fixed this for me thank god. Havent had a broken texture or crash since I did this
Old November 27, 2011, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea, the newest LAA patch makes a big difference for me as well.

I'm currently at level 40 almost 41 and really have just so much more to do. I do have fairly high enchanting and alchemy, and 100 smithing. All of this has given me a couple really nice bows, an ebony bow with 77 damage and 22 frost damage as well.
Old November 27, 2011, 01:14 PM
Allstar

I've been using the following basic inventory mod. Ignore the font in the screenshots; the mod uses whichever font you're currently using. While not perfect, it's been useful.

QD Inventory at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

I finally completed the main quest last night. It was fun. My character ended up being a stealth/dual melee/archery build. The original plan was to be a hybrid caster too, but Skyrim doesn't have many utility spells and spell/weapon switching is tedious to me. Prior to the main quest, I completed the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild quests which were pretty good. The writing and dungeons in Skyrim are 100 times better than in Oblivion.

I was completely immersed in this game. It's an incredible game to escape reality with. My only real complaint is the UI because it's so bad at information delivery. The other faults I found are the result of the massive scope and variety of the game and therefore aren't so much flaws as they are compromises -- jack of all trades, master of none, so to speak.

I'm glad I chose the PC version. I played Oblivion on the 360 and at least 25% of my time played must have been loading.
Old November 27, 2011, 02:38 PM
Allstar

Ill finish the game one time... Then MOD the shit out of it, Like Oblivion.
Old November 27, 2011, 02:54 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
I've been using the following basic inventory mod. Ignore the font in the screenshots; the mod uses whichever font you're currently using. While not perfect, it's been useful.

QD Inventory at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
Tried this about a week ago. Did they fix the barter/container screens? Half of the menus up top were cut off.
Old November 27, 2011, 03:04 PM

My System Specs

The first week I had maybe 2 crashes. Today I've had around 10. Plus whenever I launch the game afterwards I have no sound. When the sound doesn't work, it is a chore to close the application. Really starting to get on my nerves.
Old November 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it is strange when I first started playing I was getting a few crashes, then I did the mistake of using my mouse 5 button for a hot key, this some how made it totally stop all crashes didn't have any at all but I couldn't use the r button for things like using dragon scrolls and also alchemy tables things like that, I then figured out that all I need to do was delete this custom config file which was created when hot keying my mouse. since then I can do all of the normal things but the crashes are back . lol

on a different note I am not enjoying the game as much because time flys by and I forget to get up and move around and my back gets sore
Old November 27, 2011, 04:21 PM
MVP

Number based weapon switching:
1) highlight weapon in your inventory, hit F to make it a favourite
2) hit Q to bring up your favourites
3) highlight a weapon (or spell or shout or anything) in the favourites list and hit a number key. Voila, you can now switch to that item by hitting the number key again in real time in game.

Works inconsistently for dual wield, or I haven't found the right trick to do it properly. I mainly use it to switch between bow, weps, and healing.
Gigabyte GTX780
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old November 27, 2011, 04:37 PM
Quadfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by keto View Post
Works inconsistently for dual wield, or I haven't found the right trick to do it properly. I mainly use it to switch between bow, weps, and healing.
And therein lies the rub. Or, in other words, yet another stupid bug. Sneaking around getting ready to backstab someone and when pulling out your knife a spell shows up in your other hand, with the obligatory noise it makes? stupid.

This game is so full of bugs, its far easier just to talk about what actually works in the game... so frustrating.
Old November 27, 2011, 05:36 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keto View Post
Number based weapon switching:
1) highlight weapon in your inventory, hit F to make it a favourite
2) hit Q to bring up your favourites
3) highlight a weapon (or spell or shout or anything) in the favourites list and hit a number key. Voila, you can now switch to that item by hitting the number key again in real time in game.

It doesn't work for dual melee weapons. Everything else should work. Not sure it is a bug, but the favourite menu and hot keying really could use some refinement.