Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Mass Effect 3 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/38785-mass-effect-3-a.html)

thorn December 10, 2010 05:06 PM

Mass Effect 3

Looks like the big announcement that will happen during Spike's VGA's will be Mass Effect 3. Seems like someone at EA got a little ahead of themselves and made the EA store listing for ME3 active. No release date was listed though.

For more see Mass Effect 3 outed on EA Store [Update: Listing yanked by EA] | Joystiq

On a side note, can't wait!

BrianHanna December 10, 2010 05:10 PM

eh, not really a surprise is it?

we all knew it was coming next year.

it's also been confirmed to have multiplayer

muse108dc December 10, 2010 05:17 PM

no surprise really, there's been huge demand for earth to be involved in the game so no surprise its going to be the center of 3.

Extremely disappointed about there being multiplayer, I was hoping that if they did do multiplayer it would be a different game

thorn December 10, 2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianHanna (Post 460679)
eh, not really a surprise is it?

we all knew it was coming next year.

it's also been confirmed to have multiplayer

I don't think that is official. All we know is Bioware Montreal was hiring for multiplayer. One of the CEOs (or both) mentioned future games in the ME universe, so it could very well be for that. Hopefully we find out more tomorrow.

I suppose co-op could be interesting, but I prefer to wait for something official.

ipaine December 10, 2010 07:08 PM

Well first I will say, that I really can't wait. I am so very pumped for ME3.

That said I don't want them to waste any effort on multiplayer. Don't get me wrong multiplayer has its place but that is not why people play Mass Effect. As it is I already think they have a winning game story wise and should just concentrate on single player. Now maybe another game set in the ME universe that takes place with other characters or something that happens between games story wise would be fine for multiplayer, just not for the main game.

Let me say again, I so want this game.

SugarJ December 10, 2010 07:47 PM

I tell you though, there ain't enough hype about any game for me to watch the Spike VGA's. Not even ME3.

ipaine December 10, 2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 460729)
I tell you though, there ain't enough hype about any game for me to watch the Spike VGA's. Not even ME3.

I'm going to be heading to a hockey game but I will pvr it, not to watch it, just to see the announcement. Of course since we don't get spike in HD, I will probably just watch any trailers online.

Those VGA's are a joke and a bad one at that.

thorn December 10, 2010 09:10 PM

Never watched it, not even sure why we have spike as no one watches the channel. I will just wait for it to hit one of the gaming sites or youtube or something to watch previews.

lowfat December 10, 2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 460729)

It will be on Youtube 20 minutes after it airs anyways. :biggrin:

Blu December 11, 2010 03:44 AM

To bad we never got spike in HD around here, would be interesting if we did though...