Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2011, 05:47 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Just to let you know, the Witcher 2 was designed straight on the PC. It was one of the only games still designed for the PC by PC people. While the idea of putting it onto the 360 was there at the beginning they still dedicated to making it the best on the PC. As for remapping the keys, I honestly never check on most games but yes that would suck if you couldn't remap them the way you want.
I think CDProjekt always had a controller in mind for it (and eventually the console). When I first tried to play it, I couldn't remap, but it was hardwired to switch it over to an XBox controller with no problem. There are still keys hardwired in spite of the remapping making it awkward at times -- with the spacebar remapped, I still have to use the spacebar in a few places as it ignores the remapping. ME2 was the same - IMO both were designed for a controller and the PC version lost a bit because of it. Particularly the tactical camera. Easy to get hung up in a corner somewhere with both games - sometimes funny, sometime just annoying.

So while both BioWare and CDProjekt claim it was designed with individual platforms, I don't fully believe it. I probably will purchase ME3 for the PC, but it will be well after the release date.
Old October 11, 2011, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well ME1 was originally designed for the xbox and didn't come out on PC until several months later. So it really shouldn't come as a surprise that it was developed primarily with console in mind.

As for ME3, as long as you aren't forced to play with 3 other real people I don't care. I know my brother will get it possibly some others I know so getting 2 other people might not be a problem, but the 4th may be an issue. Anyway I think I will withhold my doom and gloom until I find out more.
Old October 14, 2011, 02:55 AM
MVP
F@H

Thumbs up More on ME3 multiplayer:

Well, it still 5 months before we find out if EA has really 'assumed direct control' of BioWare. The idea of being able to play another race seems to be a turn around back to the RPG type of game; but it looks like it will only apply to co-op play in the 'Galaxy at War' portion of the game. Still, kudos to them if they pull this off decently. But, surely, there must be someone better than Silverman to serve this up tho.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Video (HD 720p) - YouTube
Old October 14, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Again this video really bugs me. And this is why, here are two quotes directly from the video.

Quote:
And the better you do, the more you control, the better your single player ending will be.
And then right after that he says this:

Quote:
If you want to do a really complete single player play-through, then you can absolutely get to the highest levels of success in the end game.
So Mr.Hudson, what the hell is it? Is my ending better with the MP or not? I just wonder if this would be happening if EA did not have their grubby little fingers all over Bioware now.

Old October 14, 2011, 12:52 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Again this video really bugs me. And this is why, here are two quotes directly from the video.

So Mr.Hudson, what the hell is it? Is my ending better with the MP or not? I just wonder if this would be happening if EA did not have their grubby little fingers all over Bioware now.
That's what I meant by pull this off. Even the text listing on BioWare's forum is the same; trying to suggest that SP won't be affected by MP, but MP is superior to the SP. Doublespeak --maybe they have lawyers in marketing now. No problem, I'll wait a couple of months, before I consider purchasing.
Old October 14, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

The way I understood it was that MP would provide a different way of achieving the "highest" ending. They are just trying to hype the multiplayer.
Old October 14, 2011, 06:19 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

If multiplayer has an effect upon single player I say: screw this.
Old October 14, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If multiplayer has an effect upon single player I say: screw this.
Agreed, I have 3 Sheps now all with different "paths" , first one is a meh build, then paragon, then renegade, all done with the idea of a carry over. So now I could have just played the MP ( not going to tbh) somehow I feel jilted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 22, 2011, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

Looks like there will be a demo with both SP and MP coming out in January or so. Mass Effect 3 demo coming in January - Shacknews.com - Video Game News, Trailers, Game Videos, and Files
Old November 2, 2011, 06:44 AM
MVP
F@H

Here's a long list of reviews of ME3's co-op play. From the few that I've read so far, single player and co-op play will be (mostly) separate. In co-op you play in a squad of 2 to 4 players of the different races, with the same 6 classes. It will be objective based along with 12 waves of enemies to fight (increasing in difficulty). It actually sounds like it's a subset of single play, in that the team has a lot of objectives throughout the galaxy as they aid Shepherd. In co-op play you won't get all the perks/powers/weapons you do as Shepherd. But you get to advance and customize weapons and armor as you progress. It will be level based, maxing out a 20. So it doesn't sound like it will impact the single player mode directly. But, from the reviews, the only thing they tested was the co-op play, not single player; plus it sounds like it was all console based play testing. And in the Gamespot review, there's also an interview video, no more mining, plus a few other hints.

It seems the single player portion will get what's expected in the 3rd installment and the co-op play will be a bonus. We'll see if I bite my tongue on that in March.

I'm wondering if the co-op play will be a form of a beta for a future MMO version of Mass Effect or spin off of some kind. The various races and classes give it a lot of RPG flavor and actually more choices than the Dragon Age series. Otherwise why bother adding co-op for the diehard fans who have bought and played ME and ME2 as single player?

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network