Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You can always replay the trilogy from the start.

One of the things on my to-do list during my 3 weeks off from school this winter break
Old December 10, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah its a great game...exactly the kind of RPG I enjoy. Does anyone know how to get the "Hint / Present Quest Screen" to stay up longer when starting the game? On my Notebook it lasts long enough to read, on my main Rig it disappears too fast to fully read it? Gotta be something to change in the .inf file?

Old May 20, 2013, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Picked this one up from Amazon for cheap. I am REALLY liking it. Great story like the first two. The gun play is fantastic imo. The textures are crap though (must be because the story is good ).

Anyway, I have two saved femsheps from ME2 that I wanted to import into the game, no joy.

I never had a problem importing from ME1 to ME2. ME3 doesn't give me the option, I tried dragging my old saves folder into the new one but it seems it doesn't recognize it. Any ideas?

Also, is there a good texture mod for 3 as there was for 2? Those textures really bother me. Some of the game looks really good though, like my armor. Shiny red makes the low res textures moot there.
Old May 20, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For importing just make sure your save games are in the right spot.

Mass Effect 3 cannot find my Mass Effect 2 save file on PC!
Mass Effect 3 for PC searches for Mass Effect 2 files automatically, you will not be able to search for them manually. Make sure your file is located in the following location on your PC:
  • Documents > BioWare > Mass Effect 2 > Save > [save files]
The above can be found here.

Other info about the save game transfers can be found here:
Save File Transfer - Mass Effect Wiki - Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, walkthroughs and more.

Old May 20, 2013, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Also, is there a good texture mod for 3 as there was for 2? Those textures really bother me. Some of the game looks really good though, like my armor. Shiny red makes the low res textures moot there.
Mass Effect 3 Fan Creations forum.
Old May 21, 2013, 03:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sweet! thanks guys!

Edit: Holy Hanna!

Edit:#2:
Quote:
R3DT1D3 says:

06:05pm December 21 2012

It always amazes me how teams (and often times one person) of hobbyists can downright embarrass AAA studios. It makes you wonder why studios don't hire these people that can "fix" their game with minimal tools.
I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; May 21, 2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old May 24, 2013, 03:32 PM
Top Prospect

Wow the texture mod looks good, might have to reinstall ME3 sometime and give it another run through. Really disappointing how more and more games are catering to the console demographic nowadays (yay console ports!), but I guess that's where the money is at...
Old May 24, 2013, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It does, yes. But Origin makes it all kinds of complicated to install. I installed a texture pack for ME1. Updates the armor and weapons textures they look great, but the faces remain the same, the GUI gets messed up and has to be refreshed to clean up the text due to the beta nature of texmod. It also takes five minutes to load the game. Damn, I wish Bioware used Cryengine rather than the Unreal engine.

Edit: Yes, that is where the money is. I don't see that changing anytime soon. However, with the advent of X86 in the newer consoles, there is hope. But as I quoted in the above post, the lackluster attempt at quality is disgusting especially when you consider the cost of developing these games and the obscene money they charge for them. It's why I usually wait for a year or two to buy most new releases.

Be wary of "review" sites giving games 9/10 or 10/10 scores.

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; May 24, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old May 24, 2013, 04:01 PM
Top Prospect

Couldn't agree more. Gaming journalism and especially reviews today are nothing more than a money grab. I know this gif is old but it's sad how true it is...

Old May 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I just replayed the first two games in the series again as I accidently erased my old saves. I decided to finally save Ash instead of Kaidan for once. Get to Horizon and the first thing out of her mouth 'I'm no fan of Aliens...'

Man I hate Ashley. One playthrough on the ME3 with her then I'm editing my saves to get Kaidan back.

I will say though, after playing all three in sequence, it's much more apparent how improved the later games are from the first. The powers and classes really start to play different (whereas in 1 there's pretty minimal difference between Sentinel, Vanguard and Adept, especially with bonus powers) and how much smoother combat and the whole experience was. This is honestly my favorite series for the PC.