Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

I've tried replaying 3 but the end just ruined the entire game for me. That and all the little things that I could ignore the first time through really started getting to me, and there were a lot of them. In contrast I have managed to play through both 1 and 2 multiple times and I dont plan on letting 3 stop me from enjoying those 2. ME3 however will stay deleted from my machine for all time.
Old October 1, 2012, 02:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

IVE FIGURED IT OUT!

It was so simple. The mistake bioware made was that the end was mostly irrelevant and the game itself was the end, you didnt need many different endings you needed 2. Lets face it in reality you were either going to win or you were going to die. This has come about just because I was cleaning my pc and came across the trailers for me3, which sadly were actually pathetic compared with past bioware trailers.

The game should have been about unification, about gathering as many forces as possible. There was no need for a crucible, I think that took away from the diplomacy and gathering. The game should have been about making hard choices: do I save the asari home planet, do I sacrifice the salarians, do i save this colony , will it put me in a situation that I can hit back from? There was some of that but it was never the focus and it was

The end should have just been one epic space battle in which if youd done you job you would have won, if you hadnt youd die. How many fleets did you have in the end anyways? Turian, Asari, Human, Geth, Quarian, the smaller species fleets. Sure they were beaten and broken fleets but surely there were still enough to make it a fight, what with the tech and nohow that was picked up from the first 2 games and the Cerberus research.

In ME3 Bioware managed to fail in the areas it had excelled in the past. They failed at making me care about the characters (the new ones didnt make sense to me and the old ones didnt pluck the heart strings the same way as the did in the previous games), they failed at the story, they failed at the trailers, they failed at choice.

The illusive man should have just been someone who had seen the face of the reapers way back when and was doing everything he could to stop them in his way. It annoyed the hell out of me that nothing ever came of his "hey I can actually control the reaper minions" bit. It was too predictable that he was indoctrinated, even "evil" people can have a sense of self preservation and fear of the reapers.

bah, theres more but it just keeps rubbing me the wrong way this game so I apologize for my late night rant
Old November 21, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey guys, just started playing ME3, never did play 1 or 2. Anyhow, need to ask, how the heck do use the Medi Packs I'm picking up??? See no option yet to apply these to my depleted health.....unless the ability to apply comes later on.

Old November 21, 2012, 07:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

In ME3 they have a cooldown so you can't spam use them like in the past.
Old November 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah ok figured it out.....a lot to figure out, controlling my team mates weapons is a full time job!! Seems alright so far...die friggin easy though!

Old November 22, 2012, 05:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You know you could start off with ME1 and play it through as the designed trilogy that it is
Old November 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, skip 3 go back to 1 or 2 both much better games
Old November 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I actually just did another run through of all 3 games start to finish. I will say that as a whole it is still a very good trilogy and with the new "fleshed out" endings and the Leviathan DLC, the third one is a good game. Yes the end should have been different, the whole god child thing still rubs me the wrong way. I mean no matter how good you do, you can't win. I get everyone to work together including Krogen and Turian, Geth and Quarian, hell even the Rachni yet no matter which choice I make none of them feel right. I had to choose destroy in the end but I hated losing EDI, and the geth. I didn't mind the crucible idea, but it should have been used as an actual weapon alone with the countless fleets that you amass over the game. But all that said, at least it is passable now. Oh and the new Omega DLC will be coming soon, but sorry EA, I will not be spending another $15 on that game.

One thing though that still really bugs me, why have a card table in the lounge if it is not going to be able to be used!! I mean talk about an opportunity for a mini-game of poker with your trusted crew. I loved hanging out with the people I had befriended (or more) throughout the past 3 games, and would have loved a chance to sit down with them. I mean they all had to have some down time to unwind at least a little bit. Come one, you all know you would have loved to play a game of poker with Garrus, Wrex, Joker, Tali and Liara. I know I would have. Hell break out the drinks while your at it, it would be a blast.

Old December 5, 2012, 11:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

So I finally go around to playing and beating (34 hours Game play) ME3.

The game itself has great depth and content, I am happy with the decisions you can make and those whom you lose along the way. I understand there need to be losses.
The only point of contention with the decisions is the absolute of them. I would have enjoyed keeping the Geth and EDI without Reapers staying. I can see how after 120 hours of gameplay over 3 games and countless decisions can be made to feel cheap after what we were given for an ending.

Hopefully, the dev's learn from this and perhaps apply it for ME4 (hopefully sequal, I would hate a prequal in the current state of the game).

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes so great game....kinda choked at myself though as I wish now I would have played the 1st and 2nd installments first. I'm about 3/4 way through ME3, I'll end up doing it backwards, play through 3 then get 1 and 2...think its too late now to stop and start from the beginning.....................likely get 1 and 2 during Christmas Steam Sales.