Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Meh. At this point the game is irrelevant. Bioware/EA should just move onto their next project instead of trying to explain every single little detail about their lousy ending. I chose to control the reapers during my one and only playthrough. The Hero sacrifices himself, the war is won. That's how it should be.
Old September 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2td4j3P3AxU

And sadly this ending makes more sense
Old September 29, 2012, 12:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

i just want to address the fact that someone said that it was the out cry of the community that forced the quitting of the 2 highup bioware founder people. All I'm going to say is that if so really you only have yourselves to blame for ruining a game with potential and letting EA turn you into their bitch. Its sad but Bioware died for me the day I beat ME3, not saying there werent signs...... DA:O DLC, Dragon Age 2...... I'm still bitter.

And yes that end is sadly much better.

It really annoys me that ME1 easily had the best story but rubbish combat, ME3 the best combat but rubbish story. Youd think they would want to keep the stuff they had right the first time but I guess story is the hardest part
Old September 29, 2012, 05:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You do know why DA2 wasn't as good or unique dungeons? People were complaining with that Dragon Age with all the DLC and expansion was TOO big for their hard drives, so the way bioware seems to work is to pander to the small group that constantly complains. They proceeded to make the game take up less space by recycling dungeons. We have those complainers to thank. Hopefully with DA3 they have learned from their pas DA2 dungeon mistakes and will be making a better product.

Muse, that's why ME2 is my favourite of the three, it's a mixture of good story and good combat.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

I did not know that, though it doesnt quite explain origins's DLC or Awakenings which were also rubbish. I also think with the max payne game the ship has sailed on game size. I wont be buying Dragon Age 3 dont have enough faith in them anymore to not screw it up. It'll be my first non instant buy from Bioware in a long time.

ME2 is quite possibly the best of the series just because it caught the upswing of combat after ME1s was complete rubbish but the story did drop a level or 2 in it at the same time, and I have a soft spot for story. But since the combat wasnt pulling teeth anymore
Old September 29, 2012, 11:25 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Mass Effect 1 was the game that brought me over from shooters to RPGs and I will never forget that. One of the best stories I have found in a game, apart from VTMB.
ME3's ending totally destroyed this series for me and I just can't bring myself to do another complete playthrough from ME1 to ME3 because of that.

DA3 needs to be a success in many ways, or else bioware will lose it's fan base completely.
Old September 29, 2012, 11:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

ME3 may have had the best ending but I will definitely will be playing through again from scratch 1 through to 3. I've enjoyed the series, and hell the novels gave a great little insight into some things people wouldn't know if they just played the games. (Same goes with quite a few games that have novels done by the game's writing staff)
Old September 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ME1 was the first and only game where I felt that i connected on an emotional level with the characters and the storyline. I think that kind of connection through the medium of a computer game is very rare. I loved the modern/smooth/intense combat system in ME3, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't worth it at the expense of story-telling. Still one of the better Trilogies IMO though. I don't blame Bioware, but rather EA. Once again profitability soiled another game series. ME3, D3, .... what's next.
Old September 29, 2012, 12:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm actually making another run through of ME1 and then 2, and I don't know maybe even 3. But yes the ending did kill the entire series. It is much better now with the "expanded ending" but it is still crap and really every choice feels like I lost.

But really though, up till about the final hour, the three games together were the best story I have played in years and years. I really felt connected to the characters and wanted to see them make it through. It is just such a shame that EA scooped them up and killed a great series by thinking of nothing but selling multiplayer and DLC.

Old September 29, 2012, 01:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
But really though, up till about the final hour, the three games together were the best story I have played in years and years. I really felt connected to the characters and wanted to see them make it through.
Word!

I have read the first 3 Mass Effect books (skipped the 4th one for now because of the negative feedback concerning story line) and really got drawn into this world. Now I am just hoping that Bioware learns from it's mistakes and goes back to it's roots for DA3 and the ME spin off.

I even miss the Mako. Quirky steering and such but fun nonetheless.