Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3, 2012, 04:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well seems every time you promote a character to single player you get a permanent buff to your forces against the reapers. Can't remember how many promotes you need for galaxy at war % to not matter anymore. I really need to find some time to play this game...
Old April 3, 2012, 05:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

Oooo, so there actually may be a reason to promote, galaxy percentage makes little sense to me in the way it degrades. But really taking a level 20 back to 1 is annoying. Means I have to go back to bronze/silver from gold.

Biowares weekend missions could get interesting, otherwise not sure how much more time I'm going to put into spectre packs

I'm really liking my turian sentinel. Asari adept is my other for variety right now

As for the main game.... still avoiding it which is not what I was expecting when I bought it and am quite dissapointed about that.
Old April 3, 2012, 06:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Why are you avoiding it? I just have been busy with swtor and trying to level up a character to 50 on a new server...
Old April 3, 2012, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Why are you avoiding it? I just have been busy with swtor and trying to level up a character to 50 on a new server...
the ending is that bad in my opinion. Worse even than Dragon Age 2's. Mainly because DA2 was a rubbish game while ME3 had the possibility of being epic but Bioware skimped.

I need to get back to swtor.... I missed the day I was suppose to cancel it and ended up with another month.... that droid keeps sending me emails now... should at least finish the jedi knight's main quest i guess if nothing else.
Old April 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I have a friend who had the best ending and he wasn't saying the ending was as bad as people were making it out to be. He and I share similar gaming taste (and normally agree on good/bad games) so I'll see once I hit 50 how the game progresses for myself. Right now I'll be shooting for the best possible ending as well. Galaxy is at 90%, have 1 squad promoted and all the bonuses from doing complete playthroughs in ME1 and 2 (like upgraded ship)
Old April 3, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I have a friend who had the best ending and he wasn't saying the ending was as bad as people were making it out to be. He and I share similar gaming taste (and normally agree on good/bad games) so I'll see once I hit 50 how the game progresses for myself. Right now I'll be shooting for the best possible ending as well. Galaxy is at 90%, have 1 squad promoted and all the bonuses from doing complete playthroughs in ME1 and 2 (like upgraded ship)

best possible..... While I didnt get that, second best I think ( I didnt do any MP before the SP) it does matter at all, you may get a few frames more but I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it when your done.

And no game's end has bothered me this much ever.

Its sad but I still think about it from time to time. An open wound that doesnt feel like its going to heal any time soon. And mainly because it could have been a good game, it could have been one I would have gone back to to see the different routes and outcomes.
Old April 6, 2012, 09:53 AM
MVP
F@H

Default MP - new maps,characters, weapons and free

April 10th

Sure is better than trying to replay the ending

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network
Old June 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Extended cut:
Quote:
The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.
Mass Effect

Comes out June 26th at no charge.
Old June 22, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Extended cut:
Mass Effect

Comes out June 26th at no charge.
And I've officially stopped caring. At this point ME3 is deleted off my system and stored away on a shelf being forgotten. They've said they've fundamentally not changed the ending at all, just expanded upon it and I'm sorry but the end needed fixing not more. I may hit up youtube just to see what they've done but I still will not be buying any Bioware games in the near future. EA has officially sucked their soul.
Old June 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
And I've officially stopped caring. At this point ME3 is deleted off my system and stored away on a shelf being forgotten. They've said they've fundamentally not changed the ending at all, just expanded upon it and I'm sorry but the end needed fixing not more. I may hit up youtube just to see what they've done but I still will not be buying any Bioware games in the near future. EA has officially sucked their soul.
Yup that is my feeling as well. I will see what the interwebs have to say about this new extended cut but I finally got over that disappointment so unless it is something spectacular then I will not be even installing this DLC.