Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2012, 11:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

It wasnt just that the ending was rather ubrupt and short. It was that the choices themselves were terrible, at least from my opinion.

And yeah... it is kinda sad that I'm willing to pay for a better ending, but it was so bad.....
Old March 12, 2012, 04:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

I am curious why you think the choices themselves were terrible. Perhaps we need a story discussion thread with spoiler warning.
Old March 12, 2012, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I think EA/Bioware underestimated the emotional attachment the fan base has to the series. For any other game the ending as is probably would have been accepted, at least with far less backlash.

I was thinking they could maybe release a book talking about the aftermath but then that would only cover one ending.
I don't think it would be an acceptable ending for any game that is supposed to be the end of a trilogy. But I will say more in the other spoiler thread.

Old March 12, 2012, 05:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've just sunk 2 hours into multiplayer and thought I'd share my feelings. Personally I think they did a great job with it, you can jump right in and play with other people. I've yet to run into a group that didn't innately work together. I've only done the bronze level missions, but I think I'll be playing this a lot more as it truly is fun and challenging at the same time.
Old March 12, 2012, 06:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I've just sunk 2 hours into multiplayer and thought I'd share my feelings. Personally I think they did a great job with it, you can jump right in and play with other people. I've yet to run into a group that didn't innately work together. I've only done the bronze level missions, but I think I'll be playing this a lot more as it truly is fun and challenging at the same time.
Did you run into it not joining a game? I know I did the other night when I tried it to test how quickly it would adjust the galactic readiness. It sat at the searching for match part and I ended up stopping it as it had done nothing for a few minutes. Tried again a minute later and it worked fine.

Old March 12, 2012, 07:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Did you run into it not joining a game? I know I did the other night when I tried it to test how quickly it would adjust the galactic readiness. It sat at the searching for match part and I ended up stopping it as it had done nothing for a few minutes. Tried again a minute later and it worked fine.
I've only ran into that once, I think if it doesnt find people within the first 10 seconds it kinda hangs. I just quit and try it again and bam I have a group.
Old March 12, 2012, 09:26 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I've only ran into that once, I think if it doesnt find people within the first 10 seconds it kinda hangs. I just quit and try it again and bam I have a group.
I had the reverse. I was trying it out solo (just to try it out) and it kept adding people and I had to exit.

Can't say I was overly impressed. Not a complaint of how it's set up, because it seems solid and better than other co-op games that I've played. But like other co-op games, COD co-op, COD Zombie mode, Uncharted co-op, it seems to get boring fairly quickly. Plus I still see it as an unnecessary EA gimmick, especially now that I've seen the finish of ME 3.
Old March 13, 2012, 03:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah in all honestly while right now I am finding the mp fun I can see that theres really not all that much variation to it. Though I've already got my galaxy 100% ready for the reapers. Went into my SP game, save just before the end trigger and my computer still says I have a 50/50 chance of winning.....

And I this may just be me but vanguards are increadably powerful. I am getting 2-3x the score of anyone else. Though for some reason I CANNOT unlock any other shotguns. Have quite a few other characters unlocked though. Saved up for a Specter pack and got a Krogan Setinal. I made a mistake on my original one and upped to the nova that didnt split it into 2. DO NOT DO THIS. And only carry a smg with you. Or in my case the base assualt riffle seems to weigh the same....

But my favorite maps are easily still the ones from the Demo, it may be because I know them like the back of my hand but they are still easily the best in my opinion. Though the krogan one isnt bad either.

but back to the SP

By side missions Bioware actually means planet scanning. if you scan every planet supposedly you can get the best ending. This doesnt count for me. Did anyone else just find the reaper chases annoying and unnecessary while scanning systems? Easly one of the worst mini games I've seen recently.

Last edited by muse108dc; March 13, 2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old March 13, 2012, 04:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe it's the people you're playing with. I'm typically getting the most score out of the people I've been playing with (on average) and I'm a solder rocking my assault rifle.

I've found going to silver or gold makes it a lot more interesting/challenging. If you don't want anyone to join your game, host/create a private one.
Old March 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

If you don't have the CE you can unlock Javik (the Prothean character) by making a change to a .bin file. Doesn't give you the Ashes DLC but at least you have the character.

Requiem for EA/BioWare - YouTube

Edit: I tried it out, it works, though he isn't available in the Normandy just once you leave on missions.

Last edited by thorn; March 13, 2012 at 06:42 PM.