Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2012, 04:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Game crashes at launch. awc.dll error. =(

Tried repairing, reinstalling, googling. Nothing. Screw you too, EA!
Old March 8, 2012, 06:20 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsplash View Post
Game crashes at launch. awc.dll error. =(

Tried repairing, reinstalling, googling. Nothing. Screw you too, EA!
I did a search on BioWare's forum. This was also a problem for some people with ME 2 and DA 2 as well as with ME 3. Adobe Air was one of the reasons I dumped the EA Downloader program years ago - 2 crappy problems in one.

Don't know if this helps, but:

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Mass Effect 3 Crash Fix and Fixes to Direct X Errors, Freezing, Lagging, Import Saves, Poor FPS, Black screen, No Sound, Desktop Crashes | GameBooze – Bottoms up! Aggregated gaming news, guides, cheats and fixes to quench your gaming needs.
Old March 9, 2012, 04:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I've heard there is a known bug/glitch on all three platforms that will cause some of your quests you get/do on the Citadel to bug out and make it so you cannot complete the,
Old March 10, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you have finished the game then I suggest you go check this out. It is a poll about the ending in ME3.

Beware there are SPOILERS in the link, so don't go unless you want to.

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Old March 11, 2012, 12:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

I personally didnt like the ending. At all. It made 0 sense to me. Also, I think I did the entire damn single player part, minus 2 citadel quests and I still dont think i got the best ending.... Godamn you multiplayer.
Old March 11, 2012, 03:40 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I personally didnt like the ending. At all. It made 0 sense to me. Also, I think I did the entire damn single player part, minus 2 citadel quests and I still dont think i got the best ending.... Godamn you multiplayer.
Same here. The ending seem a lot like the dream sequences with the boy, which didn't seem to fit the rest of the story. My theory is this was the ending for something else and due to time constraints they duct taped it on the end or we got it accidentally with the MP. Still not ready to resort to MP to improve the Galactic Readiness number.

A lot of speculation from mild to wild about the endings on BioWare's forum. I'm sure by April 1st, we'll know the truth of it

I can't complain much about the story and game play up to that point. Some exceptional work and effort in there.
Old March 11, 2012, 07:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I've heard there is a known bug/glitch on all three platforms that will cause some of your quests you get/do on the Citadel to bug out and make it so you cannot complete the,
So no one else ran into this issue? Weird it's all over the forums at bioware.
Old March 11, 2012, 08:53 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingCrow View Post
Same here. The ending seem a lot like the dream sequences with the boy, which didn't seem to fit the rest of the story. My theory is this was the ending for something else and due to time constraints they duct taped it on the end or we got it accidentally with the MP. Still not ready to resort to MP to improve the Galactic Readiness number.

A lot of speculation from mild to wild about the endings on BioWare's forum. I'm sure by April 1st, we'll know the truth of it

I can't complain much about the story and game play up to that point. Some exceptional work and effort in there.
Trust me, improving your readiness number isn't going to help things. The endings are the exact same, there are just some minor variations. And by minor i mean they change a few colors.
Old March 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
Trust me, improving your readiness number isn't going to help things. The endings are the exact same, there are just some minor variations. And by minor i mean they change a few colors.
Yup.

I have never before been so disappointed with an ending. I am trying to do another play through with my other main import character, but it is very hard to even care, which seems to be a similar sentiment across the internets. And yes like others have said, everything up to the last 10 minutes was absolutely exceptional, one of the best games I have played, period.

Old March 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've read the only way to get 100% readiness is to play the multiplayer, what's the highest readiness you've gotten before finishing the game playing only single player?