Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2012, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

I live a days drive from Edmonton at least so I wont be attending, which makes me a little sad.

I've actually already completed the work for class I would have to do on tuesday so I dont have to attend and have the day to play.

And the launch trailer is easily the best yet.
Old March 2, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My Interview with Mass Effect 3 Producer, Jesse Houston » BioWare Blog

Ok, this is the one thing that has pissed me off ever since they said they were going to ruin it with MP. Look at the following that I grabbed from the link above and tell me that it does not contradict itself.

Quote:
Does Multiplayer affect the success of my Shepard in the main story?
Absolutely. Multiplayer will definitely have an effect on your SP experience through the Galaxy at War system, so as you play the MP and the Co-Op and the more successful you are, the more that will affect your Galactic Readiness level which will then affect your end game result.
How do SP and MP work together/complement each other?
They complement each other really well in that the Galaxy at War System takes the actions played in MP and pushes them to your SP achievements. The SP elements will dovetail really nicely into those and both those actions will allow your Shepard to have a different ending depending on those actions. That said, SP can still be played all by itself without any kind of multiplayer or third party and you can still get the absolute best ending. This just gives you new options to be able to get that ending.
People like me have asked does it affect single player and we have gotten the answer yes but no. In other words they are saying (if I understand their double speak) yes you can get to the best ending with SP alone, but you will have a better time if you do the MP with it. Yes I am still getting it, as I do really want to finish this epic story, but now I will always be wondering, if I played the MP. Makes me think about the final mission in ME2, if you have done all of the loyalty missions then you have a better chance of people surviving, but it doesn't mean that everyone will survive. Then on the the flip side if you don't do all of the loyalty missions there is a good chance some will die, but it is not impossible to have them all survive. In other words most of use preferred to play the loyalty missions so we know that we are getting all of the game. I just get the feeling that I will be missing out if I don't play the MP.

Old March 2, 2012, 06:44 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
My Interview with Mass Effect 3 Producer, Jesse Houston » BioWare Blog

Ok, this is the one thing that has pissed me off ever since they said they were going to ruin it with MP. Look at the following that I grabbed from the link above and tell me that it does not contradict itself.
From the first time they talked about it, I figured it was marketing or political doublespeak–they were trying to say 'Yes' and 'No' at the same time and have them both sound reasonable. I get a unspoken hint that you have to play co-op unless you can figure out what the perfect SP game choices are.

It's also why I won't play co-op until after I finish several SP full games. I want to play from the perspective that ME and ME 2 were SP games.

I also don't know if you can actually play co-op and set it so it doesn't affect SP gameplay.

And I really expect there will be new DLC for co-op play somewhere down the road. With all the furor over the day 1 DLC, I doubt it will be mentioned for some time.
Old March 2, 2012, 07:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

my question is who makes the choices in multilayer, and if your not the one to make them will it still affect your game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingCrow View Post

It's also why I won't play co-op until after I finish several SP full games. I want to play from the perspective that ME and ME 2 were SP games.
i couldn't agree with you more. first pay thought will be without a save game import.
Old March 2, 2012, 10:02 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
my question is who makes the choices in multilayer, and if your not the one to make them will it still affect your game?
From what I gather, when you play MP, you accumulate points that go towards your Galactic Readiness. I don't think you make any 'choices' per se, just that playing gets you bonus points. For SP, the Galactic Readiness is set at 50. Playing multiplayer adds points to that, to a max of 100, which I guess somehow factors into the final stages of the game (if I understand it correctly.)

I no longer have the demo installed, so I can't check to see if there's anything in there that explains it. There's supposed to an in-game manual, but can't check that out til the 6th, unfortunately.
Old March 3, 2012, 01:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

how the mp works is that you play it, level a char upto 20 and the promote it to your sp game from what I understand. You then get to start from scratch again. There are no choices in mp.

I also have no plans to play mp until after at least my first playthrough. And then I might not even bother with the promotion for a long long time
Old March 3, 2012, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Bought preorder through Impulse, saved the tax that Origin charges, activated on Origin, and it releases at 9:00 PM PST Monday night.
Old March 3, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

im glad i have the tuesday off, its already loaded on my pc an ready to go, downloaded at 7mb/s, origin is a little faster than steam.
Old March 3, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I took the 7-9th off work so I will have to wait a little to get really into it. Now just wondering if I should go to southgate for the launch party.

Old March 4, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

Its strange. I wasnt a big fan of the first one, found it for the most part dull and combat was just horrible. The story kept me playing through it though and kept me interested in the ME series. ME2 annoyed me by going much more Third Person Shooter and distancing itself from the RPG. Yet I find myself quite excited for Tuesday, Bioware really has crafted here if nothing else a great universe with rich and enticing back story that keeps drawing me back in. And it looks like Bioware has blended the 2 to give good combat and good RPG mechanics as well in this third, too bad its looking like ME2 is being sidelined as filler for the most part though.

On the other hand I loved DAO but hated DA2 and wont be preordering the third unless they can prove beyond a doubt that they've learned from their mistakes.