Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 29, 2012, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
It is available in French. It was on the social forum thing bioware has, but its been confirmed that there will be French dialogue and subtitles available. Bioware is a Canadian company after all.

And as of right now its only my local one thats not doing preorders anymore, metrotown still is today.
I know it is, but for whatever reason the FS/BB sites mention this (for the english versions of the game).

At this point I am wondering if I should pre-order the digital regular edition or take my chance and try and pick up the CE but hard copy on release after work. Or order it through my brother who works at EA for a hefty discount but risk waiting a week+ before getting it.
Old February 29, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I know it is, but for whatever reason the FS/BB sites mention this (for the english versions of the game).

At this point I am wondering if I should pre-order the digital regular edition or take my chance and try and pick up the CE but hard copy on release after work. Or order it through my brother who works at EA for a hefty discount but risk waiting a week+ before getting it.
I wouldnt worry too much about what FS or BB say. Just read something about alternative VO packs being free DLC. We live in a digital world where this stuff isnt a problem anymore.

As for the CE, if it turns out you cant buy it day of then youll still have the option to get the Digital deluxe.
Old March 1, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

I bought the DD for ME2 and sort of regretted it as the bonus stuff just isn't as impressive digitally. So that's why either I grab the physical CE or get the digital regular edition since I believe I can get it without paying tax from GameFly. Looks like getting it through EA from my brother is out of the question. ME3 is apparently a much larger title than BF3 since there is basically no discount on it for EA employees.
Old March 1, 2012, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

yeah, I am also disillusioned by DDEs but when it comes to bioware they shove enough in game stuff for it to be close to worthwhile still, if you really cant get the CE anywhere anymore. The day1 DLC, worth 10, and alt appearances + more weapons in addition to the digital versions of real life objects. Might be considered worth it, but then again it should still be cheaper than the boxed version.

Edit: Reputation in Mass Effect 3 BioWare Blog is well worth a read. Explains the new Reputation system that effectively replaces the Paragon/Renegade system. With this new system you still have Paragon and Renegade choices but your not forced to follow on the entire route, you can now mix paragon and renegade choices and still be able to use the later game ones as well.

Basically Paragon and Renegade scores are added together with another neutral reputation score to create this new score, higher your reputation the more likely important people are going to listen to you when you shove guns in their faces or try to get them to compromise.

I personally think this system is much improved over both ME1 and 2s system and look forward to creating a Paragon character who is able to make the hard choices when it comes to this war.

Last edited by muse108dc; March 2, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old March 2, 2012, 12:05 PM
MVP
F@H

Default New Reputation, Paragon & Renegade Bar explained

BioWare has an explanation of how the new system will work. There's no pure Paragon or Renegade anymore, it all goes into Reputation, but the Paragon or Renegade choices will still be choices in dialog/actions.

Reputation in Mass Effect 3 BioWare Blog
Old March 2, 2012, 12:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Mass Effect 3: Official Launch Trailer - YouTube

Also, anyone who wants to try to do the 4-man co-op at some point after the game launches send me a PM with your Origin/Steam info and your availability and I'll try to get things going for people.
Old March 2, 2012, 12:36 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Also, anyone who wants to try to do the 4-man co-op at some point after the game launches send me a PM with your Origin/Steam info and your availability and I'll try to get things going for people.
While I probably will try out the co-op at some point, I'd rather complete the trilogy in SP mode first with the characters I have.

I tried the co-op in the demo (solo) and found the character seems to 'stick' to cover too well at times; trying to get it to break cover didn't work smoothly at times. And you have to move, since you can't camp at all without the AI attacking you or throwing grenades at your position very accurately.
Old March 2, 2012, 12:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingCrow View Post
While I probably will try out the co-op at some point, I'd rather complete the trilogy in SP mode first with the characters I have.

I tried the co-op in the demo (solo) and found the character seems to 'stick' to cover too well at times; trying to get it to break cover didn't work smoothly at times. And you have to move, since you can't camp at all without the AI attacking you or throwing grenades at your position very accurately.
Same, I want to go through the campaign for the most part. I at some point want to do the co-op to help it unlock whatever the hell it does in single player.
Old March 2, 2012, 05:20 PM
MVP
F@H

I see that several people in this forum are from the Edmonton area. BioWare will be holding a midnight ME 3 launch party:

Quote:
Edmonton
Southgate Centre EB Games
5105 111 Street (near the south east entrance)
Unit 350
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6H 4M6
Attending: Creative Director Preston Watamaniuk and assorted members the development team
Other midnight launches in other cities here:
Join Us! Mass Effect 3 Launch Party BioWare Blog
Old March 2, 2012, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Why does it have to be so far away?!!? Dammit!!

Plus I have to work in the morning, hmmm. Maybe, we will see.

Oh and here is the official launch trailer, and damn do I ever want to play it now.

Mass Effect 3: Official Launch Trailer - YouTube

Last edited by ipaine; March 2, 2012 at 05:47 PM.