Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2010, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default New nvidia demos!

Well don't know where to put this so I thought here might be good.

The 2 GTX 500 series demos are up and you can download them now.

I am downloading now.

K checked them out and they are pretty cool. Although they could have hired better artists for textures the endless city demo really shows off tessellation. I love tessellation because round object have never looked good and now with tessellation a round object isn't a hexagon or an octagon but actually round.

The Alien vs Triangle is kinda cool. I have always wanted to put holes in people when I shoot them but it has never been done before. Or how the alien morphs into different skin types. I also like that when I shoot it in the foot it starts to limp.

Pretty cool and can only imagine when games take the full advantage of current hardware.

Oh and just because it says this is for the 500 series it runs perfectly on my 480's.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."

Last edited by belgolas; November 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old November 24, 2010, 02:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Characters limping when injured is nothing new, it is just not super common in some run&gun shooters.
And actual bullet holes, eh, unless they tie it to the damage system(like, grazed arm vs broken bone; one being usable and the other not at all) then I am not feeling a need for that and would prefer that horsepower being used elsewhere.

Last edited by MacJunky; November 24, 2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old November 24, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree. I want more realism in my gaming for certain games. Red orchestra was awesome that if you got shot in the leg you would move slower and if you got shot in the hand you drop your gun. Now imagine if they added physical damage to the character then that would just add to the immersion.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."