Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Help playing Need for Speed on second monitor

So here's my set up: Running 2 monitors off a single gtx480. One is a 21.5" , the other a 32" hdtv. The displays are "extended" with the smaller as the primary with desktop. I don't game all that much, but I do use the smaller monitor for games like Civ5, and the tv for racing/driving games that I've played with a wireless xbox for windows controller.

And the problem: I've been able to play F1 2010, Dirt2, Blur etc. by running in windowed mode, dragging the window over to the larger display and then maximizing /fullscreening it. Cannot figure out how to do it with NFS Hot Pursuit. I have managed to find a patch that lets you run less than full screen, but the game still launches on the smaller display and is not really windowed; in that it can't be dragged over.

Any suggestions?

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old November 23, 2010, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Short of setting the 32" to primary display? Not that I can think of, if the game won't let you.
Old November 23, 2010, 07:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by G777 View Post
So here's my set up: Running 2 monitors off a single gtx480. One is a 21.5" , the other a 32" hdtv. The displays are "extended" with the smaller as the primary with desktop. I don't game all that much, but I do use the smaller monitor for games like Civ5, and the tv for racing/driving games that I've played with a wireless xbox for windows controller.

And the problem: I've been able to play F1 2010, Dirt2, Blur etc. by running in windowed mode, dragging the window over to the larger display and then maximizing /fullscreening it. Cannot figure out how to do it with NFS Hot Pursuit. I have managed to find a patch that lets you run less than full screen, but the game still launches on the smaller display and is not really windowed; in that it can't be dragged over.

Any suggestions?
Have you tried Alt-enter?

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old November 23, 2010, 07:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Short of setting the 32" to primary display? Not that I can think of, if the game won't let you.
Maybe it's just not possible.... changing the primary display would be easier, I keep unplugging the monitor to force it to run on the tv Usually switching primary displays makes my desktop go all wacky- that's just annoying.

And did try alt-enter, no luck

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread