Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2010, 12:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Multiplayer is saved on your EA account. I went from my SSD to my RAID 0 hard drives and loaded the game up right back to where it was. Single player (I believe) would be lost however.
That's beast :P

So here comes one of the noobiest questions ever:

If I uninstall Bad Company 2 completely from my computer, can I take my disk with the key to a different computer with a different IP address, and have the game install properly, work properly, with both Multplayer and Singleplayer?

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's
Steelseries Xai Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old November 21, 2010, 12:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wherever it's installed, you will be able to do both multiplayer and singleplayer so long as you can log into your EA account. I'm going to assume the retail version is the same as my Steam version with regards to this. If not, someone please chime in.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old November 21, 2010, 12:54 AM
MVP
F@H

retail and steam is not necessarily compatible. i ran into that with civ 4 and civ4:bts.
i had ci4 retail and was going to buy civ4:bts form steam, but the steam bts version was not compatible with the retail version of civ4.

civ4:bts from d2d however was compatible with civ4 retail.
Old November 21, 2010, 06:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan288 View Post

So here comes one of the noobiest questions ever:

If I uninstall Bad Company 2 completely from my computer, can I take my disk with the key to a different computer with a different IP address, and have the game install properly, work properly, with both Multplayer and Singleplayer?
yes you can just as long as its only being ran from one computer at a time.I have the dvd copy of bfbc2 and got it installed on 2 diff pc's.About a week after i bought i built a new pc so really its on 3 lol.
Old November 21, 2010, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan288 View Post
So I CAN buy the expansion from Steam, and it will work with my retail copy of Bad Company 2? Also If I uninstalled my current copy of Bad Company 2, and bought a new one off of steam, and installed that, would my multiplayer progress be deleted, or is it all saved on my EA account?
You likely won't be able to buy it, steam usually requires you to have the steam version of the original game in order to get the expansion from steam. It is possible you might be able to buy it but installing it and running it might be an issue.