Old November 18, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default New Deus Ex: Human Revolution gameplay trailer

Looks pretty good.

YouTube - Deus Ex: Human Revolution 'Gameplay' Trailer
Old November 18, 2010, 05:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This is one of the games I'm most excited about right now. And I only played the first Deus Ex about 2 months ago. The only thing that worries me a bit is switching to third person now and then. Could be fine in gameplay though.
Old November 18, 2010, 06:53 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I REALLY hope that's the console version because those graphics are brutal.
Old November 18, 2010, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ya I was gonna say those graphics look like they're from 2006 and this game hasn't even been released yet.
Old November 18, 2010, 07:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

As soon as I saw the rail gun, I instantly thought of Red Faction II lol. The original Deus Ex is by far one of my FAVOURITE games and it holds a special place in my gaming heart. I really hope they don't butcher this title like Invisible war did... Regardless, a new addition to the series would be appreciated at this point.
Old November 18, 2010, 11:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I REALLY hope that's the console version because those graphics are brutal.
The graphics are intentionally made that way, it's part of the art style. It's supposed to have an almost "cartoonish" surreal feel to it, somewhat like TF2. At least that's what I read in the preview article a long while ago. Personally, I love the cartoony graphics because things stand out more than say the 100% realistic crysis type games, and it makes the game more fun to look at IMO.

I really prefer these visuals. Much more simple, easy on eyes, and best of all I won't have to upgrade to a GTX 580 just to get decent frame rates!
Old November 18, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
The graphics are intentionally made that way, it's part of the art style. It's supposed to have an almost "cartoonish" surreal feel to it, somewhat like TF2. At least that's what I read in the preview article a long while ago. Personally, I love the cartoony graphics because things stand out more than say the 100% realistic crysis type games, and it makes the game more fun to look at IMO.
I don't think he's referring to the cartoonish look. I'm guessing he's referring to the crappy aliasing and low texture resolutions.

I'm hoping this game will be great, but I really fear it's going to feel like a bad console port. I definitely think that we'd all be wishing upon a star to hope that it's anything like the original.
Old November 19, 2010, 06:06 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post

I really prefer these visuals. Much more simple, easy on eyes, and best of all I won't have to upgrade to a GTX 580 just to get decent frame rates!
How does low texture quality add a "surreal" look to a game? HR isn't cell-shaded either. It just looks to me like the boys here in Montreal got lazy.

This has nothing to do with consoles either because with a good, well coded engine some console games' graphics quality is unmatched...even on the PC. Case and point: Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2.
Old November 19, 2010, 08:09 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I really like the look of the game, because of the art style. But I'm half blind and don't tend to notice things like low res textures.
Old November 19, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ya those graphics look old school but that trailer made the whole game look that way to me. I think I'm gonna be likin this. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE