Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old December 24, 2007, 10:16 AM
llama_egg's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lloydminster
Posts: 748
Default

Well, the reason why I hate the Alliance isn't due to the story, it's due the community. I personally find that the Horde community is much more friendly and intelligent...unless you go into the Barrens...
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old December 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
Digitaldemon's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 2 miles south of heaven.. east of eden
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Well, the reason why I hate the Alliance isn't due to the story, it's due the community. I personally find that the Horde community is much more friendly and intelligent...unless you go into the Barrens...
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old December 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
llama_egg's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lloydminster
Posts: 748
Default

So true...so true...
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old December 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 50
Default

^^ SO very true.. haha.

Typical barrens chat

Quote:
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 1] Anyone here like metalica?
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 2] Metallica sucks and ur a noob!
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 3] all metal bands suck, u guys are both ghey.
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 2] **** u, u just listen to rap crap and think ur so cool
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 4] Who likes starburst?
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 2] losers like starbust
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 4] I bet your mom is a loser
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 6] guys where is mankriks wife? I cant find her
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 5] Can you guys just shut up an play, plz? kthx?
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 7] LFG WC
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 1] stfu player 5
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 2] shutup player
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 3] no they all like crap music
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 6] How much wood would Chuck Norris chuck if Chuck Norris could chuck wood?
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 4] all of it
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 2] all of it
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 8] Hey everybody! New guild looking for members all levels and classes whisper me
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 1] all of it
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 5] oooooold!!!111
[1. General - Barrens] [Player 1] where is stolen silver!!!
What's worse was, 2billion fanbois messaging me asking about my fellow guildy Unbreakable (that guy's hilarious on vent lolz). His fans were annoyinng. YouTube - Shammy with Hand of Rag
__________________
Q6600 G0 @3.5ghz (Thermalright Ultra X 120)
Asus Maximus Formula 903
A-Data DDR 800 4 x 1gb, EVGA 8800GT SSC (Zalman VF900)
Antec NeoPower Blue 650W, Antec 900

HTPC: X2 64 5000+ Black @3.3ghz (AC 64 Pro)
A-Data DDR 800 2 x 1gb, Radeon 2600 Pro HDMI
Asus M2N-E, Antec Sonata, 380W TruePower


Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old December 25, 2007, 11:48 AM
llama_egg's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lloydminster
Posts: 748
Default

Yeah, that sounds about right, but you forgot to mention when people are randomly talking about porn -_-

Anywho, I just re-installed WoW: BC, looking for a server to start on...again. And it better be horde...or I'll be shanking who ever walks my way :D
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old January 13, 2008, 06:44 PM
vintank's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brandon, Manitoba Canada
Posts: 117

My System Specs

Default

I just sold my WoW account as I was getting bored at lvl 70 the raiding seen doesn't work for me as my wife works nights so its just me and my 20 mth old daughter so needless to say I don't have much time to play when I get home from classes, well until my little girl goes to bed but then the wife is home and wants to sit and chat, blah blah blah I mean umm I love when she comes home and wants to talk about her day.

I had a lvl 70 druid , a lvl 70 priest and a lvl 70 warrior,
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old January 13, 2008, 06:48 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintank View Post
I just sold my WoW account as I was getting bored at lvl 70 the raiding seen doesn't work for me as my wife works nights so its just me and my 20 mth old daughter so needless to say I don't have much time to play when I get home from classes, well until my little girl goes to bed but then the wife is home and wants to sit and chat, blah blah blah I mean umm I love when she comes home and wants to talk about her day.

I had a lvl 70 druid , a lvl 70 priest and a lvl 70 warrior,
hahah my gf works 4 days on and has 4 days off and her shift consists of 2 days and 2 nights so I get lots of time to play and even if she's home I'll still play.

I'm a luck SOB
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2008, 03:16 PM
Beermaster's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Spruce Grove, AB
Posts: 266
Default

You think your Lucky

My wife plays with me, she has her own account and kicks my ass in every duel we have, and she is now 3 lvls higher then me lol

I have a 62 Mage
she is a 65 shammie

__________________
Grovian - *E4300@2.2ghz*Gigabyte DS3L*G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ 3x1Gb*Sapphire HD4850 1GB*Raptor 75Gb*
Buggz - *E7200@2.9ghz*Asus P5Q*Patriot PC2-6400*eVGA 8800GTS 320gb*WD 160GB CaviarSE*
Lil-Grov Acer One*8gb SSD*WinXP pro
Tathar WIP*Q9550*Gigabyte EP45-UD3P*OCZ Reaper PC-8500 4gbX2*OCZ Vertex 120gb*WD 1TB WD1001FALS*BFG GTX275*

Last edited by Beermaster; January 15, 2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Formatting
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2008, 04:38 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 63
Default

I haven't played neither since at least June.. of 07, I have a level 70 Alliance hunter, and a level 70 Horde Rogue, Both of which have the epic flying mounts and 1k gold to spare. I haven't been able to get back into the game since my end game guild broke up. It's hard for a rogue to find a guild because they are an over populated class, and I just don't like the hunter as much for end game things, it was my first toon as I didn't know better, but there only good for farming and leveling.

I have recently been tempted by a friend of mine to get the game again, and play with him as a horde.. I would probably start a warlock for the PVP. The only thing holding me back is that.. all my characters, I've been through every starting zone, I hate leveling low levels, it's so boring cause its not exciting and I've done it all before. The graphics and the world aren't very interactive.

I've changed over to Vanguard, the game is really demanding on your machines, it's a great game, not too many people play it but it does have a PVP system, and a raid system. You can own your own boats, you get riding mounts at level 10,20,30... so on. The thing about Vanguard that sold the game to me, was it's player housing system. Once you have enough money in game, you can go to places or islands or just coastal area's and buy plots of land. On that plot, you can build your own home, which you can make a few different ways, with different Tiers for housing styles and qualities. You can then put anything you want into your homes, which most people just put alot of chests and things for storage. Now that being said, if you join a guild, a good guild. Some of those places, the cost for a plot of land is 30 gold, and the guild house is a castle, it's literally huge, and it has huge arch ways for doors. It's really implemented a whole new dimension to MMORPG's.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old January 15, 2008, 04:48 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpateD View Post
I haven't played neither since at least June.. of 07, I have a level 70 Alliance hunter, and a level 70 Horde Rogue, Both of which have the epic flying mounts and 1k gold to spare. I haven't been able to get back into the game since my end game guild broke up. It's hard for a rogue to find a guild because they are an over populated class, and I just don't like the hunter as much for end game things, it was my first toon as I didn't know better, but there only good for farming and leveling.

I have recently been tempted by a friend of mine to get the game again, and play with him as a horde.. I would probably start a warlock for the PVP. The only thing holding me back is that.. all my characters, I've been through every starting zone, I hate leveling low levels, it's so boring cause its not exciting and I've done it all before. The graphics and the world aren't very interactive.

I've changed over to Vanguard, the game is really demanding on your machines, it's a great game, not too many people play it but it does have a PVP system, and a raid system. You can own your own boats, you get riding mounts at level 10,20,30... so Vanguard – Saga of Heroes ??on. The thing about Vanguard that sold the game to me, was it's player housing system. Once you have enough money in game, you can go to places or islands or just coastal area's and buy plots of land. On that plot, you can build your own home, which you can make a few different ways, with different Tiers for housing styles and qualities. You can then put anything you want into your homes, which most people just put alot of chests and things for storage. Now that being said, if you join a guild, a good guild. Some of those places, the cost for a plot of land is 30 gold, and the guild house is a castle, it's literally huge, and it has huge arch ways for doors. It's really implemented a whole new dimension to MMORPG's.
Vanguard – Saga of Heroes ??
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue with world of warcraft - long loading NuxTux Gaming 0 February 7, 2008 12:04 PM
My new, long awaited water cooling setup! Wankerfx Water Cooling 12 September 5, 2007 09:44 PM
Vista's Long Goodbye still waving: The Register Babrbarossa O/S's, Drivers & General Software 11 May 16, 2007 11:20 AM
Nvidia 8800 vs radeon HD 2900 (long read) ragenrok Video Cards 1 May 15, 2007 11:17 AM
Chinese man dies after week-long gaming session Babrbarossa Off Topic 4 March 7, 2007 10:33 AM