Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2010, 03:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Unhappy BLACK OPS BAD NEWS!

Black Ops is going to be on Steam again and is going to still have VAC as the anti-hack program. This sucks. The Steam thing I don't mind that much, but VAC is a piece of . It didn't work for any MP Source game, and it definitely didn't work for MW2. Also, this means we have to pay for DLCs too (I think). That's like one of two advantages of using Steam. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COD Forum Link (Post from developer): Call of Duty: Black Ops - Coming 11.09.10
Old November 6, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well of course we'll be paying for DLC, nothing new coming from Activision. While they're still using VAC, Black Ops will have dedicated servers, which obviously makes banning hackers alot easier.
Old November 6, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No reason to get so upset over the same game that's being released for the thousandth time.
Old November 6, 2010, 04:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Bad game that has bad news, what a surprise.
Old November 6, 2010, 04:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Well of course we'll be paying for DLC, nothing new coming from Activision. While they're still using VAC, Black Ops will have dedicated servers, which obviously makes banning hackers alot easier.
Not in 4 and 5. It all started in 6... =[ Also, PB makes it easier and more accurate. Sometimes, bans are mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
No reason to get so upset over the same game that's being released for the thousandth time.
For me it is, I love the COD series too much.
Old November 6, 2010, 04:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

im sorry, but I have to say that every COD game past 3 has been absolute garbage.

Also, PB sucks!

BEGIN FLAMING!!!!!!!!11
Old November 6, 2010, 04:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
im sorry, but I have to say that every COD game past 3 has been absolute garbage.

Also, PB sucks!

BEGIN FLAMING!!!!!!!!11
The last CoD game/The last two CoD games are garbage. MW2 obviously sucked, WaW kinda sucked. But CoD4, don't you dare talk about CoD4. TBH, though I love the series, CoD2 and 4 were the best. Also, PB is the best anti-cheat program. All others suck. So yeah...
Old November 6, 2010, 07:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
The last CoD game/The last two CoD games are garbage. MW2 obviously sucked, WaW kinda sucked. But CoD4, don't you dare talk about CoD4. TBH, though I love the series, CoD2 and 4 were the best. Also, PB is the best anti-cheat program. All others suck. So yeah...

VAC is a wicked anti-cheat system. the only reason it wasn't very effective in previous COD games was because of the lack of dedicated servers. with dedicated servers, they could track when and where they exploited a game to their advantage. also, there will most likely be admins within those servers to aid in banning these certain individuals; I have had to do this on a server I used to play for
Old November 6, 2010, 08:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
VAC is a wicked anti-cheat system. the only reason it wasn't very effective in previous COD games was because of the lack of dedicated servers. with dedicated servers, they could track when and where they exploited a game to their advantage. also, there will most likely be admins within those servers to aid in banning these certain individuals; I have had to do this on a server I used to play for
It failed in CSS (it had dedicated servers). PB works really well. For example, BF2. Unless you have VIP hacks, it will stop you. But sometimes, it even detects VIP hacks.
Old November 6, 2010, 10:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've never had any problems with VAC but with PB it I always tend to get errors and updates that go wrong somehow. They are both good systems though from what I've heard and like already said with dedicated servers things should work fine.

Haters gonna hate.

Say what you want but Black ops is going to be 10x better than MW2, I know it definitely won't be as good as COD4 but it'll still be some fun with all the features, game modes, and other new stuff brought to the table. Sure, not as realistic or team work oriented compared to games like BF:BC2 but sometimes you want a break from the realism and team work of those games and just want to F*CK SOME SHIT UP. This game is NOT designed for people who want something like BFBC2, it's for the "f*ck shit up" solo-ist players. So if you don't like that stuff just stay clear of it, while the rest of us enjoy it.