Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 31, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default BFBC2 R9 Patch

Hey guys,

DICE just released the R9 patch a couple of days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
How to get the game client updated
* If you are using Steam: the Steam client will automatically begin updating your game client once Oct 29th, 6:00 AM (GMT) has passed by.
* If you are not using Steam: then the game’s online updater will find the version online at the same hour and ask you to patch.
* If you are not using Steam: You can get a manual patch from several places...
- The main EA CDN: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bf...9035_Patch.exe.
- Here's a mirror in Australia: AusGamers Files - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch R9
- And here's a mirror in Croatia: Diabolic-Servers.com : Game servers, Voice servers and Dedicated Solutions (requires you to create an account first)
- And a mirror via Fileplay.net: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - PC Client R9 Patch download on Fileplay (BFBC2_PC_Client_R9_589035_Patch.exe)

Here is the complete fix-list for the patch
- All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
- Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
- Blue box chat window removed
- The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..
- 3D vision fixed.
- Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
- Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
- Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
- Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
- Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
- Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.

-Plato
Old October 31, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Ahhh I knew something changed! Been doing a LOT better the last couple of days - I thought I was just getting better, but there are definitely noticeable improvement to hit boxes and detection
Old October 31, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Although I don't play this game nearly as much and I didnt know there was a new patch out, these are the fixes that stand out for me:

- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.

They still need to increase the splash for 40mm grenades (read: noob tube), at least in normal mode. In HC it seems a little better but i mean when i shoot one right next to you on the ground a foot away from you and it doesn't kill you, something is wrong.
Old October 31, 2010, 02:29 PM
MVP
F@H

Award for bronze stars with all weapons is still broken.
Old October 31, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

from what i read the hit box and detection was brought over from moh....either way its much better
Old October 31, 2010, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Forgot to add, the patch is approximately 900MB in size.

-Plato
Old October 31, 2010, 06:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

IMHO,

Too little too late, and they cannot add not even ONE stinkin' map!!!
You they want us to fork money on the Vietnam expansion pack?

Hopefully, Blackops will be good enough!!!!
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old October 31, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan View Post
IMHO,

Too little too late, and they cannot add not even ONE stinkin' map!!!
You they want us to fork money on the Vietnam expansion pack?

Hopefully, Blackops will be good enough!!!!
Erm, well they have added different game modes to the maps a bunch of times which spices things up. IIRC the price for BC Vietnam will be $15, which is about the same amount that Activision charges for a map pack for CoD games, except with the Vietnam expansion you get new weapons, new vehicles, new character models. I wouldn't call it "forking over" cash. That, and CoD games for PC are always $10 more than other PC games for some reason - well the reason being is Activision, enough said.
Old October 31, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Erm, well they have added different game modes to the maps a bunch of times which spices things up. IIRC the price for BC Vietnam will be $15, which is about the same amount that Activision charges for a map pack for CoD games, except with the Vietnam expansion you get new weapons, new vehicles, new character models. I wouldn't call it "forking over" cash. That, and CoD games for PC are always $10 more than other PC games for some reason - well the reason being is Activision, enough said.
No the reason being is enough idiots will pay $10 extra for a mediocre game.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old November 1, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

"Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire."

I haven't found this to be the case. If anything it's harder to get a single shot kill unless it's a head shot. Further, they borked tracer fire. You can no longer see your fire from machine guns and things when shooting from the hip. This is even worse when trying to lob a nade from the gun launcher. Or when gunning from the helicopter.