Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 22, 2010, 04:06 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Squeetard posted this on page one. It sure didn't help me any. What I want more than anything is a fix to 1/2 FPS in V.A.T.S.. So damned annoying.
Old October 22, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Squeetard posted this on page one. It sure didn't help me any. What I want more than anything is a fix to 1/2 FPS in V.A.T.S.. So damned annoying.
Ahh I didn't see his post.

I get fine FPS in vats, AFTER it's loaded. The first second or two is a major delay.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 22, 2010, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No real issues here... VATS runs fine, other than like encorp stated the one or 2 seconds it takes to initially load. I was having some stuttering issues but I turned down Anisotropic Filtering to 12 from 15 like someone mentioned in here and that seems to have helped. Also running at x4 AA, game looks great! It did crash only once for me yesterday, but that's it so far.
Old October 22, 2010, 07:01 PM

My System Specs

I just had about 30 minutes of trouble free VATS while in the Helios One building. It was rather glorious. But now that I am outside again it is back to being horrifically slow.
Old October 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanhchan View Post
I sure hope they kept the sense of wacky humor in this one :D
Ya there are some great humor in this one. I love talking to the one crazy guy in Novac.

This game is awesome and love every moment so far. Just wish everyone else had a smooth as an experience as I do. Hopefully they fix it soon for you guys.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 23, 2010, 01:10 PM
MVP
F@H

Make your own Fallout: New Vegas Ammunition Boxes

Might be of interest to some Fallout fans. Papercraft has several PDF projects for Fallout. The most recent is the Ammunition Boxes fomr Fallout: New Vegas. Haven't tried these myself, so can't comment, but I've used other print plans from Papercraft and they are usually well done. Box type plans are about the easiest to make. Papercraft is essentially 3D paper models varying from very simple like the box types, to very complex requiring skill/patience to assemble. On the same page are links to other Fallout papercraft projects

Fallout: New Vegas Papercraft - Ammunition Boxes ~ Paperkraft.net
Old October 23, 2010, 01:46 PM

My System Specs

Glad New Vegas isn't near as easy as the original Fallout 3. Even on very hard it was a walk in the park. I am having quite a bit of trouble playing on hard w/ hardcore mode enabled.
Old October 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
Rookie

Who else is wishing that they made it so less than half the game is walking from city to city?
It just sucks they didn't make it so the cities were closer together.
Old October 24, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arirang View Post
Who else is wishing that they made it so less than half the game is walking from city to city?
Thats why there is fast travel. If you don't know about fast travel then go to the world map and click on any city or discovered location to move there.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 24, 2010, 12:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arirang View Post
I haven't tried New Vegas yet, but most of the fun I had in Fallout 3 was aimless exploration outside of the main story. The huge, open map is a defining feature of Fallout 3.