Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2010, 07:17 PM

My System Specs

Not sure why this game hates me so much. Once again mouse acceleration just won't disable. I find it unplayable w/ it on.
Old October 21, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah the mouse drives me nuts too ;/ dunno what i can do about it.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 21, 2010, 10:13 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Yeah the mouse drives me nuts too ;/ dunno what i can do about it.
Did you download it via Steam? If so you can try to disable the cloud saving in the steam preferences. Or what I do is open up the New Vegas launcher, then edit add the mouse info to the ini, then launch the game.
Old October 21, 2010, 11:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Did you download it via Steam? If so you can try to disable the cloud saving in the steam preferences. Or what I do is open up the New Vegas launcher, then edit add the mouse info to the ini, then launch the game.
Yeah I'll try that out. Thanks!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 21, 2010, 11:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Downloading the game now, quickly got bored of dead rising 2 :-(.
Old October 22, 2010, 01:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

"How Can I Fix Mouse Acceleration Problems?"
The game's mouse acceleration may be annoying you. You'll have to edit a few INI files to fix this.
  • 1. Make sure Fallout / Steam is closed
    2. Navigate to My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV and set "Fallout.ini" and "FalloutPrefs.ini" to NOT Read-Only (right click each file -> properties -> UnCheck "Read-Only")
    3. Add the following to the [Controls] section of each file--
fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0
  • 4. Next navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas"
    5. Set "Fallout_default.ini" to NOT Read-Only and add the same lines above to the [Controls] section
    6. Next navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata". There will be a folder here with random numbers as its name. Open it, then sort by last modified (right click folder -> "arrange icons by" -> "last modified"). Open the MOST RECENTLY modified folder that is NOT "config".
    7. Make sure "falloutprefs.ini" is NOT Read-Only, and edit it just as you did with the previous INI files.
copied from
Fallout: New Vegas Game Fixes (Crashes, Audio Issues, Lag, Saving, etc) | Geek Montage

will edit in a few if it works or not
Old October 22, 2010, 02:02 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook06 View Post
"How Can I Fix Mouse Acceleration Problems?"
The game's mouse acceleration may be annoying you. You'll have to edit a few INI files to fix this.
  • 1. Make sure Fallout / Steam is closed
    2. Navigate to My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV and set "Fallout.ini" and "FalloutPrefs.ini" to NOT Read-Only (right click each file -> properties -> UnCheck "Read-Only")
    3. Add the following to the [Controls] section of each file--
fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0
  • 4. Next navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas"
    5. Set "Fallout_default.ini" to NOT Read-Only and add the same lines above to the [Controls] section
    6. Next navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata". There will be a folder here with random numbers as its name. Open it, then sort by last modified (right click folder -> "arrange icons by" -> "last modified"). Open the MOST RECENTLY modified folder that is NOT "config".
    7. Make sure "falloutprefs.ini" is NOT Read-Only, and edit it just as you did with the previous INI files.
copied from
Fallout: New Vegas Game Fixes (Crashes, Audio Issues, Lag, Saving, etc) | Geek Montage

will edit in a few if it works or not
Step 4 & 5 seems to have done it. Thanks.
Old October 22, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Step 4 & 5 seems to have done it. Thanks.
I can't actually do steps 6 and 7 since I don't have that file in those folders. Plus I have two folders with two randomly generated numbers as their names.

EDIT: Nvm, it seems to have worked anyways.

Playing through my first time with Wild Wasteland and Hardcore mode on with Very Hard difficulty. lol! This should be interesting.

Also, I'm playing a chick with every socially manipulative trait possible.

Last edited by encorp; October 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old October 22, 2010, 02:44 PM
Top Prospect

I sure hope they kept the sense of wacky humor in this one :D
Old October 22, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The REAL lag/stupid glitchy fix: d3d9 awesome perf fix at Fallout New Vegas Nexus - New Vegas mods and community