Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2010, 06:30 AM
Allstar

Guys come on keep it on topic.

I suggest Portal, Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed, Left for Dead. Easy learning curve, lotta fun. Bioshock if you feel like following a GOOD story.

Old October 14, 2010, 07:13 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I'm well over 40 my current addiction is Battle Field Bad Company 2, also just tried the new medal of Honor online and I like it too (Although a little harder than BFBC2 so far). Also some other good games, Civilization V, Lord of the Rings Online, Call of Duty series etc..

Another Guy From Canada
Old October 14, 2010, 09:49 PM
Rookie

Well I'm 44,most recent game I played(not online) was COD Modern Warfare2,great game!Other than that I've not played any "new" games recently.More recent games,like Fear,Ghost Recon 1&2,COD,Medal of Honour,FarCry I enjoyed.When I first played Call of Duty I was amazed,compared to games just a few years earlier.In my younger days,when I played online(56k baby),Unreal Tournament,Starcraft,and TacOps and NFS Hot Pursuit ruled and the odd flight sim.Janes comes to mind.I friggen loved Tacops a HalfLife mod.Who didn't back in the day??Computer shops were everywhere and an intel P2/P3's (depending on the year) was the shit!Voodoo cards rocked and then came Nvidia and Ati,poor 3dfx died.But the games didn't.Now I dig thru bargain bins and find older games that I couldn't play due to hardware limits.Just recently I picked up Joint Task Force just for fun and BattleStations Midway as well as Star Wars Empire ar War and UtIII.
I like strat games now for the slower pace(not always slow!) and planning,just hit pause and walkaway,no more online gaming for me been, there done that.I like FPS too,but online gaming to me is not fun anymore,I'd rather be playing Hold'em on Pokerstars.I had one buddy hooked on EverQuest(crack),I'd go over to his place and watch,it was cool but not for me.I still like to play the odd game,but other things are priority,like yardwork,car/home maint,girlfriend,my health(yes it's downhill after 40!)my teenage daughters growing up etc.....and the same will be a priority for the younger set when they get older,a family etc....So enjoy it while you can.
Old October 15, 2010, 01:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza2000 View Post
I got a buddy who has a Subaru that he has modified and tuned to deliver 450 BHP at the wheels. Takes it up to Virginia International Raceway for track days. Sitting in the passenger seat while he drives is some scary scary scary stuff. I told him next time I was bringing Depends to wear. Course I don't think there will be a next time.

Any suggestions on a controller for racing games?
I would recommend Logitech MOMO Force Feedback