Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2010, 09:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
LOL oh man, console controllers are confusing eh? I think you should probably stick to Bejeweled...
Yeah well that's just the way it is. Never had any video games at my house growing up, then as an adult I was too busy, and now my daughter isn't interested in them so I don't have an excuse to buy an X-Box or PS3 or whatever the latest and greatest is.

Back to playing Pac-Man and Galaga . . . .
Old October 13, 2010, 09:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Racing games are the way to go. I suppose your dad knows how to drive right? Then it shouldn't be too hard to teach him racing games with racing wheels.

I like GRID with the all cars all track mod.
I got a buddy who has a Subaru that he has modified and tuned to deliver 450 BHP at the wheels. Takes it up to Virginia International Raceway for track days. Sitting in the passenger seat while he drives is some scary scary scary stuff. I told him next time I was bringing Depends to wear. Course I don't think there will be a next time.

Any suggestions on a controller for racing games?
Old October 13, 2010, 09:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I just went looking at when I actually bought my last PC. It was a Dell 8250 and I paid $2400 in December of 2002. Kind of weird and scarey. No wonder it's acting a little flakey. The new stuff should be here tomorrow or Friday. Christmas is coming early.

@rjbarker - What woud be your favorite three?
Old October 13, 2010, 09:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Civ 5!
Old October 13, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bioshock, Left for dead, Counterstrike Source. You can play Counterstrike against real people. At first you will get owned alot, ignore the catcalls from the kiddies, you will better over time. I never mastered the console controls once Nintendo 64 came out but keyboards are just fine. This is coming from a 57 year old guy.
Old October 13, 2010, 11:19 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

man, i miss playing cs. Remember playing that when it was CS 1.5. Back in York U pub days :) .

Gaming Rig:

-Swiffy MCP35x X2 & 240 Rad, (2) 480 EX XSPC Rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.7 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

HTPC Rig:

-AMD 1100T, Gigabyte UD5, 16 GB G.Skill RAM, Asus 650ti Boost, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Antec 650 watt PS, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old October 13, 2010, 11:25 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza2000 View Post
I got a buddy who has a Subaru that he has modified and tuned to deliver 450 BHP at the wheels. Takes it up to Virginia International Raceway for track days. Sitting in the passenger seat while he drives is some scary scary scary stuff. I told him next time I was bringing Depends to wear. Course I don't think there will be a next time.

I had to tear myself apart from building a dd 400 hp talon. It was getting to expensive for me and having twin babies put a limit on what i can spend.

Dont want to sound like a cliche, but its pretty amazing to be in one with your car. Pushing your limits and the car.

Ill get back into it, eventually but not in a few years. The boost bug is starting to hit me everytime i floor my 4 dr civic to pass a brampton transit bus.

Gaming Rig:

-Swiffy MCP35x X2 & 240 Rad, (2) 480 EX XSPC Rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.7 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

HTPC Rig:

-AMD 1100T, Gigabyte UD5, 16 GB G.Skill RAM, Asus 650ti Boost, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Antec 650 watt PS, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old October 13, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza2000 View Post

As for racing wheels, you can get cheaper ones but the Logitech G25 and G27 are the best in IMO and worth the extra $$. Racing games is the closest I come to the real thing these days, there are times I REALLY miss my "babies"
Attached Images

Old October 13, 2010, 12:12 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I would recomend portal, it's really easy to play but can be difficult to beat. It's fairly short but the second one is coming out soon and is suppose to be a lot longer. The first one would be good practise

Haven't played civ5 yet, but I still give it a recomendation. And if you want a goot RTS, try the Total War series, easy to play and difficult to master. I pause a lot to see what's going on and issue orders :P
Old October 13, 2010, 04:29 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab View Post
I had to tear myself apart from building a dd 400 hp talon. It was getting to expensive for me and having twin babies put a limit on what i can spend.

Dont want to sound like a cliche, but its pretty amazing to be in one with your car. Pushing your limits and the car.

Ill get back into it, eventually but not in a few years. The boost bug is starting to hit me everytime i floor my 4 dr civic to pass a brampton transit bus.
Totally off topic but I bet my buddy has $120,000 in that stupid Subaru. Every time he takes it up there he breaks something. Last time it was the drive shaft to the front right wheel. He pounds the snot out of that car. Every guy needs a hobby and he is a total gear head. Personally I have trouble with a cresent wrench.