Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2010, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default KOTOR crashing

I was wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem that my searches have missed.

I'm running 64bit windows, the steam version of the game and my problem is that the game insists on crashing to the taskbar after most cutscenes. The only solution I've found so far is to run in windowed mode which seems like an odd fix to me. There is also the fact that as I dont have any widescreen hacks, it only takes up 1/3 of the screen, off center. So is my best bet really just to find a decent widescreen hack and run in windowed mode around cutscenes? Of course, that involves, quitting and then restarting the game each and every time......

And post edited with slightly better grammar.

Last edited by muse108dc; October 7, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old October 7, 2010, 03:52 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I believe the game is showing it's age. Without much information on which specific OS and hardware you are running, the only thing I can come up with off the top of my head is running it in compatibility mode. A second idea just popped in my head as I am typing this. Dual boot a 32-bit Windows Os
Old October 8, 2010, 02:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

ah, knew I'd forgotten something.

Windows 7 x64
I7 930

and that's all the relevant data I can think of. Was hoping that when I got it off steam it had been updated a little to still be run on current machines, read that it did include some fixes but I geuss came up with some other problems because I do not remember having this issue with my disk variant of the game.

I dont actually have any copies of 64bit windows anymore, well netbook might be