Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
I kind of like GFWL - They require that the game maker include support for the Xbox360 controller - though granted... this can turn out like mafia II, where they have support but you can't change a single button <.<

For that purpose alone *Thumbs Up --- otherwise its useless.
Somebody should have mentioned that to 2K before they released Bioshock 2 (PC) without any gamepad support.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 30, 2010, 11:50 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Somebody should have mentioned that to 2K before they released Bioshock 2 (PC) without any gamepad support.
That pissed me off, really. Bioshock is one of the rare games that i really enjoy playing on a gamepad on PC. Know if they fixed it?

For dark reasons, GFWL broke my Batman AA, someday, poof, lost my saves, couldn't login a good month. Took lots of time and tries to finally be able to play again and have saves enabled. I hate it because of that.

Old September 30, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
He feels there needs to be competition so he doesn't have to charge monthly fees? lol ;-)

This is the guy who wrote the Gamers Bill of Rights then released Demigod and Elemental. I think he says a lot of things.
I don't remember his exact words, it was in an interview with firingsquad. As for the games, demigod wasn't that bad, the connection issues were fixed relatively quickly, and elemental well he's the first to admit they messed up big time.

My only beef with all these digital download services is they don't play nice with each other, I should be able to choose who I get an expansion from not be stuck with one service.
Old September 30, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I don't remember his exact words, it was in an interview with firingsquad. As for the games, demigod wasn't that bad, the connection issues were fixed relatively quickly, and elemental well he's the first to admit they messed up big time.

My only beef with all these digital download services is they don't play nice with each other, I should be able to choose who I get an expansion from not be stuck with one service.
Ya I know I am just being facetious.

I agree, it would be nice to be digital service agnostic. Sadly accountants and lawyers feel differently and want to hook you in for the long haul, whether you like it or not. Not provide a well rounded service with choices.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 19, 2010, 11:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Tell Microsoft to immediately revert all the completely unneeded and pointless changes that were made to Windows Live Messenger. It's filled with unnecessary clutter, and the simplicity of the program was completely obliterated in favor of stupid 'social media' integration, 'Windows Live Spaces' updates, and a ginormous MSN Today page. I wouldn't have as big an issue if my contact list was its own separate window like it previously was. Did Microsoft hire the same winning team responsible for GFWL's interface?!

Sheesh.
Old October 20, 2010, 06:58 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I won't touch Windows Messenger. I use Miranda.

Why MS decided to integrate all of these serveices is beyond me. The idea seems great on the surface but if it can't be implemented properly, it's absolutely pointless.
Old October 20, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I won't touch Windows Messenger. I use Miranda.

Why MS decided to integrate all of these serveices is beyond me. The idea seems great on the surface but if it can't be implemented properly, it's absolutely pointless.
I agree. I turned off all that social stuff off. Wow that was some crazy headache I got. I just wanted to see my contacts...
Old October 20, 2010, 08:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't touch Windows Messenger either, sorry Live messenger since it really needed a name change right microsoft? Instead i use trillian astra as it gives me all the features i want without all that overhead Live Messenger has. I'm glad FO3:New Vegas doesn't have GFWL.
Old October 20, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Been on Adium for a long time at work since it integrates all the popular messengers. Works alright but sometimes people with all the bells & whistles on MSN send me nonsense instead of some animated gif, lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old October 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Been on Adium for a long time at work since it integrates all the popular messengers. Works alright but sometimes people with all the bells & whistles on MSN send me nonsense instead of some animated gif, lol.
Adium is nice, is it based on libpurple or whatever it is called, that is what Pidgin uses too.
Only issue is that you cannot draw up some goatse and send it to people in the chat window. ;)