Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Dead Rising 2

Anybody try this game out? Played it for a bit last night. Story seems alright, but other than that just mindless zombie killing, kind like the first one I guess? Didn't play it for long so we'll see where it goes...
Old September 26, 2010, 04:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yea the experience is the same, even though i only played about 3-4 hours of it. I'm just happy i have something to distract me until bigger titles come out.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old September 26, 2010, 05:33 PM
Banned
F@H

dudes. the second one is available for pc as well, but how about the first one?
Old September 26, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

DR1 is 360 only. And there's a demo that was 360 only for 2 called Case Zero. But DR2 is on all platforms. I think it looks kinda fun, especially with the crazy weapon combos, but I don't think it's something I am willing to fork out full retail for.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 26, 2010, 07:30 PM
Banned
F@H

cool. was thinking to pick up a new demo thing to put on me mains while its not in use(most of the time :D )

zombie games make for fun ones, especially if you can adjust the volume remotely, when people come over :)
Old September 27, 2010, 12:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I tried the Demo on the 360,Its fun with all the different things you can kill the zombies with,However i just think its another one of those games that will be come boring and repetative after an hour or so,Its hard to tell really with the Demo,I probably wouldn't buy it at full price.
Old September 29, 2010, 05:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Loved the first one and am downloading the second now off steam. Wish I had more time to play video games as there are just too many coming out one after another.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old September 29, 2010, 06:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I didn't realize this game's missions are on time limits, making it quite challenging especially since there are no auto saves or quick saves. You have to save at a bathroom (IIRC). I am definitely intrigued but I think I'll save money for now and enjoy some Borderlands DLC. :)

Edit: I just noticed this has GFailWL, ugh. Ya no thanks. I am definitely waiting for a BIG SALE, and even then, I'll probably buy it for PS3 simply to avoid the pointless crapware.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; September 29, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old September 30, 2010, 11:06 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

have it on 360.. haven't had the time to mess around, the area is quite big and I already missed out on one survivor.. i'm on a quest to either find a 2nd zombrex.. or get enough money to buy one..

still loads of fun, story this time around is better than the first... and still grinding through it to level my guy up..
Old September 30, 2010, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've got a couple problems with the game
1: its Soooooooo sloooooooooow... when your running (or jogging as it were) it feels like one of those nightmares where you run an run an run an never really get anywhere. The controls are very clunky too, like try closing the door behind you when you go into a room...

When you grab some clothes or something off the shelf, the controls stop as you "preen yourself" in your new duds, all the while watching in vain as all those zombies get closer and closer untill you get your control back...

No eyefinity support... cmon guys how long does it take to change the FOV?? there is absolutely NO excuse for any 50 dollar title not to have support for the latest technologies. I dont care if its a console port or not. There is virtually no work involved in adjusting the camera's field of view.

No autosaves. another wtf moment here when i played for a bit an died, then had to start from the beginning even though i'd gone through umpteen cutscenes that by any normal games standards would have triggered an auto save.

All in all i'm extremely disapointed in this game. I dont play it anymore because of the controls. there is no reason at all that they should be so clunky ( I was using a 360 controller even, so you cant blame it on pc controls) and movement so slow in a game that depends on being dextarious and fast. If you could find a fast forward button for gametime this game would be alot more enjoyable.

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0