LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzetsin View Post
I've got a couple problems with the game
1: its Soooooooo sloooooooooow... when your running (or jogging as it were) it feels like one of those nightmares where you run an run an run an never really get anywhere. The controls are very clunky too, like try closing the door behind you when you go into a room...

When you grab some clothes or something off the shelf, the controls stop as you "preen yourself" in your new duds, all the while watching in vain as all those zombies get closer and closer untill you get your control back...

No eyefinity support... cmon guys how long does it take to change the FOV?? there is absolutely NO excuse for any 50 dollar title not to have support for the latest technologies. I dont care if its a console port or not. There is virtually no work involved in adjusting the camera's field of view.

No autosaves. another wtf moment here when i played for a bit an died, then had to start from the beginning even though i'd gone through umpteen cutscenes that by any normal games standards would have triggered an auto save.

All in all i'm extremely disapointed in this game. I dont play it anymore because of the controls. there is no reason at all that they should be so clunky ( I was using a 360 controller even, so you cant blame it on pc controls) and movement so slow in a game that depends on being dextarious and fast. If you could find a fast forward button for gametime this game would be alot more enjoyable.
The answer to any game frustration...
Dead Rising 2 Cheats, Codes and Trainers for PC Games

cheathappens is one of my favourite sites. I love this game but hate that everything is on a timed mission and you only have 3 days. I like to mess around and have some fun and don't like being constantly rushed. The games need moments of rest.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 1, 2010, 08:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

heaven forbid they make a game thats challenging and doesn't baby the player with autosaves every few minutes.

its like in dead space, how they make the controls a certain way to add to the feel of urgency in the game, to make it harder.
Old October 1, 2010, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Still haven't played it but I have read about the way this game plays and it will definitely turn some people off if they go in expecting to GTA through it. The eyefinity is a disappointment. I can't really comment about the controls but having played The Saboteur for some hours now I can understand the frustration of clunky controls, if that's the case here.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 1, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Still haven't played it but I have read about the way this game plays and it will definitely turn some people off if they go in expecting to GTA through it. The eyefinity is a disappointment. I can't really comment about the controls but having played The Saboteur for some hours now I can understand the frustration of clunky controls, if that's the case here.
hrm cheathappens... i happen to be a lifetime member there meby i'll see what they can do for the game ;D

as for the controls. Think GTA san andreas, only instead of fumbling around trying to kill one guy you have many many more, and no lock on target feature.

as far as not having autosaves making the game more chanllenging, thats a load of hogwash, its not more challenging to have to replay 20 minutes of gametime, its got a different word for that, its called "frustrating" You want challenge? play ninja gaiden on the 360, that is just like this game, but wicked combos, lightning fast gameplay and extremely challenging (to the point of frustration) end bosses. It also does autosaves and hasnt lost that "challenging" feel to it.

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old October 1, 2010, 11:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

no, how about you plan it out, you have a map, you know where the save points are. Know you are about to fight a psycho path, save before you fight... know where the closest spot is for food..

the game will be frustrating at first because of the low level your character is.. as you level up, your movement speed will increase, you will have more life and you will have more slots to carry stuff. Don't expect to be able to do everything on the first go around. Its just like how it was in the first game, and all the reviews have said the same thing.
Old October 1, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think it's just a different style of game than you were expecting or maybe like. The game is forcing you to be more careful, pay attention and plan, as opposed to free roaming and just going willy-nilly. You have objectives, a time limit (in real time), limited resources/abilities and you aren't supposed to be able to save everybody. I think it is all supposed to work together like that. It's a zombie infestation, you shouldn't feel safe. All the elements are there to create tension and urgency. It's a different kind of challenge than Ninja-Gaiden or other beat em ups.

Having not played it I can only comment about the things I have read. But it just seems you have fallen into the category of "gamers that will find this frustrating" (i.e. no autosaves).

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 1, 2010, 11:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

yea, totally different generation of gamers now I think. I remember only having X amount of lives to finish the game.. and no save points at all (old console / arcade games). Like playing FF1, can't save in the dungeon, gotta back track all the way back out to save.

But once you get up to a certain level, and know where all the good weapons are, it will be a lot easier. Having only 5 boxes of health and only being able to carry 5 weapons/items is a lot harder when compared to a 2nd playthrough when all that is doubled. Plus by then you should know the easier paths and can plan out saving a group of people on one wave instead of going back and forth.
Old October 1, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well it is not a different generation as I grew up on the SNES and I prefer auto saves. I play for fun cause real life is frustrating enough. I don't want to be yelling at my game because it didn't have a save point for a half hour of gameplay. Seriously one time I could only play for half an hour than had to go to sleep. Well turns out that I trying to baby a stupid NPC that didn't want to follow me and is too stupid to pick up a weapon got stuck. So trying to save it I got kill as well and lost half a hour. Well I had to go to bed so I just played half an hour for NOTHING. That is freaking frustrating. The worst part is there were some cut scenes and with any modern game would have had a save in there.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 4, 2010, 02:15 PM
Top Prospect

Took me forever to figure out how to give items to my group. Also the detection for the USE/interaction key is bad at best haha.

I regret spending money on this horriable piece of work. i hope they patch more controller support down the road. It doesn't feel right on KB+ Mouse
Old October 5, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

bought DR2: case 0, enjoyed it, would it be worth getting the full game?