Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2010, 09:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Civilization V thoughts, comments and reviews

So I have it up and running now. I have really done nothing but start and that is it. That said I will say that I have one little issue with it so far; I can't zoom in as much as with Civ IV. I really liked being able to get right down to the ground level like I could with IV, but this one just doesn't zoom in far enough. Now I am playing on my notebook so I can't seem to crank all the visual settings so maybe that might affect it but not totally sure.

Otherwise first impressions are good. Now back to civ, I mean work.

Everyone else playing it feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on it and what you think.

Old September 21, 2010, 10:31 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Mine is loaded and rdy to go, but alas Im at work until 5 :(
Old September 21, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm at work till 4, but that ain't stopping me. But I will say that work just won't leave me alone. I mean I have been trying to play it since it unlocked and I am only at 3080BC.

Dammit people, can't you see your computer problems are insignificant in comparison to my civilization rising to glory!!

Old September 21, 2010, 11:28 AM

Started right at the beginning huh? Im trying to decide what age I will start in, I usually dont have the patience to be fighting with clubs lol
Old September 21, 2010, 11:49 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Does the tutorial work in the retail version. That's what I want to know....
Old September 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Does the tutorial work in the retail version. That's what I want to know....
The third tutorial doesn't completely work. All of the functions of city management except the "connect 2 cities to the capital" worked. Very frustrating to see it not complete as the bridges were constructed. I destroyed and rebuilt roads, worked up to railroad and built a rail line, no dice.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old September 21, 2010, 12:43 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Are the point by point instructions in the tutorials working?
Old September 21, 2010, 01:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Are the point by point instructions in the tutorials working?
Having played versions of Civ I didn't pay that close attention. I'll be doing the 4th tutorial after lunch and give you my thoughts. I seem to think that the point by points came up fine though.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old September 21, 2010, 01:37 PM

Cant say I ever bother with tutorials myself. Ive played every civ game for many hours so I can generally figure stuff out as I go. Took a skim of the manual last night, got a few useful tips there.
Old September 21, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Cant say I ever bother with tutorials myself. Ive played every civ game for many hours so I can generally figure stuff out as I go. Took a skim of the manual last night, got a few useful tips there.
Yea that has been my approach. I have been paying attention to the advisers as they pop up but generally getting the hang of it.

I know I certainly like how my city can go on the offensive with people getting to close.