Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2012, 03:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
It's good to not have all your eggs in one basket incase something happens to that company, either tanking, getting hacked or servers/back ups magically going "poof"
Yeah, most of my early purchased digital music is toast because the parent company went up in smoke. Because of that (and because digital pricing is still absolutely ridiculous w/o physical media / shipping to pay for), all of my music purchases lately have been physical media purchased online and then converted myself to digital format. The only digital music purchases I do these days are for out of "print" albums I can't get any other way, and then those are a pain because the burnt media (backup) isn't recognised as the actual album.

I love the steam model, and have been purchasing my games through them if possible, but it sure would suck if they wen't bankrupt.

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old June 6, 2012, 03:14 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Ok not on sale but still if there are any old school adventure/rpgish gamers out there some might want to know about this.

Quest for Glory 1-5 - GOG.com

Quest for Glory 1-5 for $9.99
Awesome...

I absolutely destroyed 1-3, 4 scared the living day lights out of me as a kid, (though I did get pretty close to the end) and 5 just kind of looks terrible by today's standards. How was 5, for those that played?

Also, rogue-esque Dungeons of Dredmore on sale for a measly $1.50

Save 70% on Dungeons of Dredmor on Steam

check out the Mac requirements for the expansion.

Dungeons of Dredmor: You Have To Name The Expansion Pack on Steam
Old June 6, 2012, 07:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

A while back when they had it on sale, I bought SimCity 2000 and Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe for 5$ each. Reason I bought them was they were re-wrapped to run in Windows Vista/7. SimCity 2000 had itself optimized configured in a DosBox and RCT installed fine and just need to be run in XP compat mode.
Old June 7, 2012, 04:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Just found this today.

If you pre-order 4 games at 49.99$ or more from Futureshop, they'll take 60$ off your order, essentially giving you 1 free game out of the four.

Myself, I'm going to be ordering 2 copies of the standard Borderlands 2 (they only have the console versions of the special editions), Halo 4 (what can I say) and Starcraft 2 Expac.

Best Buy Canada on the other hand has 10$ off whatever game you pre-order at 49.99$ or more plus you get 800 reward zone points for those of us who don't bother collecting it at all. Offer again ends tonight.

Well, working out the two, unless you have a reward zone card and shop at Best Buy, Futureshop ends up being cheaper. The 800 reward zone points per item is 10$, however you can't use those until the next month. So you'd have 10$ (per game) credited to your "Account" that expires after what is it 90 days?

Bad news... looks like Watch Dogs may only be pre-order for the console, haven't see on EBGames, Futureshop or Best Buy the ability to pre-order it for the PC...

Last edited by Arinoth; June 7, 2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old June 7, 2012, 06:15 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
Awesome...

I absolutely destroyed 1-3, 4 scared the living day lights out of me as a kid, (though I did get pretty close to the end) and 5 just kind of looks terrible by today's standards. How was 5, for those that played?

Personally, I thought 5 felt like an attempt at resurrection for the series; crappy pseudo-3D, some updating, but ultimately less of the humour and sheer entertainment that made the series great. QfG 3 & 4 remain my favourites.
Old June 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Bunch of "older" Ubisoft games up for sale, 50% off

GOG.com
Old June 17, 2012, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

GameFly: Search Results for "RoadTriptotheFuture"
Old June 22, 2012, 06:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default quantum conundrum

Dunno how many of you have heard of this game, but Quantum Conundrum is made by the people who did the original Portal. Its very much a spiritual successor to that game. If you loved portal, you will probably like this. Its getting good reviews.

Greenman Gaming has it on sale today only june 22 for 25% off. Its a steam code so buying it there you still register it on steam

Enter code QUANT-UMCON-UNDRM on checkout to claim the discount

Old June 26, 2012, 11:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

LA Noire is the Midweek Madness sale on Steam. A whopping $5. Reviews were pretty decent, I might pick this one up. Save 75% on L.A. Noire on Steam
Old June 26, 2012, 11:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

7.50$ if you want the DLC with it. I'm tempted to pick this thing up at that price. 10$ if you want the guide with it.