Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2012, 09:56 PM
MVP

So after playing Mass Effect 2 and 3, I want to play the original. It is $20 now, does anyone know how often it goes on sale with either origin or steam? If it happens every month then I will wait, otherwise I will just buy it. Thanks.
Old March 20, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
So after playing Mass Effect 2 and 3, I want to play the original. It is $20 now, does anyone know how often it goes on sale with either origin or steam? If it happens every month then I will wait, otherwise I will just buy it. Thanks.
Its been in the big holiday ones so.... you may try waiting for the spring sale. Havent seen it come up by itself though that I can remember.

And I envy you, I want to replay 3 but that ending..... I cant even bring myself to play the original right now.
Old March 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
When I first saw the Shogun sale popup when I logged onto Steam, I got excited. It said "Total War: Shogun 2" and "Total War: Shogun 2 - RISE of the Samurai" both on sale. I thought it said "FALL of the Samurai" (the new standalone expansion).
Hah I did the exact same thing. Good thing Steam warns you if you already have a game/DLC...
Old March 23, 2012, 12:14 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Greenman Gaming has the new Shogun Total War: Fall of the samauri for 34% off ($19.79), for your steam code.
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai | Strategy | PC Games

Old March 23, 2012, 04:07 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
Greenman Gaming has the new Shogun Total War: Fall of the samauri for 34% off ($19.79), for your steam code.
Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai | Strategy | PC Games
Sooo tempting. But I gave up on all the other Total Wars I've bought (Rome, Medieval 2, Empire)
Old March 23, 2012, 07:30 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Portal 2 for $10 was a good deal.

Old March 28, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Origin

Apparently if you buy fall of the samurai from origin you get 50% off Shogun2.

This makes little sense to me as I thought Shogun was a steamworks game....
Old March 29, 2012, 07:16 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
I haven't seen it go on sale since xmas, and I try to watch for sales on all DD sites a few times a week. Greenmangaming has daily deals right now too, and some are steamworks games, but not MassEffect.
Between them, Gamersgate, Steam, and possibly Getgames, it's bound to go on sale before the summer sale. (I can't remember if Steam has a spring sale or not...what would they base the theme on?)
Old March 29, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I haven't seen it go on sale since xmas, and I try to watch for sales on all DD sites a few times a week. Greenmangaming has daily deals right now too, and some are steamworks games, but not MassEffect.
Between them, Gamersgate, Steam, and possibly Getgames, it's bound to go on sale before the summer sale. (I can't remember if Steam has a spring sale or not...what would they base the theme on?)
easter? honestly I cant remember either if they have one or not. Faintly remember something with grass and chicks but I could be dreaming
Old March 29, 2012, 06:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

GamersGate has all Tropico games on sale for up to 75% off including Tropico 4 on sale for 66% off this weekend, comes out to $13.58
tropicoweekend - All - GamersGate