Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2011, 11:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

picked up beat hazard on a whim, played for about an hour. now my eyes hurt.

game is probably a lot more fun than it should be, but for $3 it's pretty fun.

online head to head, it indexes your music and compares it to your opponent, sees what you have in common and allows you to select from those songs and the songs already in the game.

it can get pretty frantic.
Old July 7, 2011, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So nothing extremely good at the Steam summer sale today. But then again I did finally pick up AudioSurf for only $1.49, so really if you don't have it then I can say it is worth the buck and a half.

What I really want is to see Portal 2 on one of the today's deals.

Old July 8, 2011, 08:40 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post

What I really want is to see Portal 2 on one of the today's deals.
Amen. Waiting rather impatiently...
Old July 8, 2011, 10:52 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quick question for you guys. Yeah, I know I vowed never to purchase another game from Steam but this one was too good to pass up....but....I'm on the road for the next 24 hours and I was debating whether to have my GF log into my account to purchase this.

I currently have Empire: Total War

Today they have the Game of the Year Edition on sale for some stupid low price (which includes Empire, Napoleon and all the DLCs)

In the past, I wasn't able to complete a purchase of a game I already had installed.

Since I already have Empire, will it allow me to buy the package?
Old July 8, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Quick question for you guys. Yeah, I know I vowed never to purchase another game from Steam but this one was too good to pass up....but....I'm on the road for the next 24 hours and I was debating whether to have my GF log into my account to purchase this.

I currently have Empire: Total War

Today they have the Game of the Year Edition on sale for some stupid low price (which includes Empire, Napoleon and all the DLCs)

In the past, I wasn't able to complete a purchase of a game I already had installed.

Since I already have Empire, will it allow me to buy the package?
In theory it should, it's just not giftable as an extra copy. I bought the same package last year for twice the price. Oh well, it was still a good deal back then.
Old July 8, 2011, 11:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yes it will let you purchase, i have done it before just to get the extra dlc for a game i already owned. You dont get to gift the game you already have, but if its saving you money, go for it.

Old July 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Divinity II? Has anyone tried this out? I'm intrigued. Read some reviews and it seems people either like it or hate it. Just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this.
Old July 8, 2011, 06:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i played the demo of it. It seemed to be a pretty good game. I was thinking of getting it before, to hold me over till dragonage 2. It seems a bit more actiony than the dragonage series. if you are looking for a actiony rpg you could do far worse...cough riven cough....

Old July 9, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

I bought Mass Effect2 yesterday mainly so I dont have to worry about my disk copy. But thern I looked at its DLC, for the missions and the comic thing. $30 for it all. Dammit why cant EA just put its dlc on steam and let that be included in the sales as well.

Is the DLC worth 5x what I just paid for the game? I dont care about the appearance stuff or the guns
Old July 9, 2011, 11:39 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Portal 2 is on for 50% off ($24.99) on Steam for another 22 hrs 20 mins. Just picked up a copy.

Steam \ BFBC2 ID - Coffaholic | RIFT - Coffaholic \ Perspice Shard