Old May 22, 2011, 07:11 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Dead Space 2 - $24
Dead Space - $5

EA Week - 2011

Got me Dead Space 2!
I just started playing dead space and I think the scariest thing is how hard it is to turn around. I am used to being able to whip around instantly in games, and in this one you have to be standing still or its not happening. It wrecks my nerves hearing the dead groaning from a dark corner and I need to stand still and turn around to see it.
Old May 23, 2011, 07:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Steam has a Ubisoft sale that started this week, today's deal is the Prince of Persia Complete Pack or the Individual titles at a big discount.
Ubisoft Week
Old May 25, 2011, 01:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, RiFT is on sale again, this time @ D2D, 50% off. Direct2Drive: Buy RIFT Digital Collector's Edition Download
They also have Metro 2033 on for $9.95.

Ubisoft week continues on Steam with Trackmania United: Forever on for $10. Ubisoft Week And Sam & Max Complete is the Midweek Madness special, on for $17 until Thursday @ 4:00pm.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ubisoft Week - Far Cry for $2.50 and Far Cry 2 Fortune Edition for $5.00.

To buy or not to buy that is the question.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:07 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Not worth it. FC2...is bad. So bad I couldnt even be bothered to finish it bad. Biggest waste of 5 bucks I ever spent.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 26, 2011, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
I just started playing dead space and I think the scariest thing is how hard it is to turn around. I am used to being able to whip around instantly in games, and in this one you have to be standing still or its not happening. It wrecks my nerves hearing the dead groaning from a dark corner and I need to stand still and turn around to see it.
I haven't played DS for sometime but I think you can adjust your mouse sensitivity. I just started up DS2 a few days ago and there is definitely mouse settings in there to make it as snappy as you like. Swinging around is not a problem for me. Movement overall is slower than your average combat shooter that's for sure. You can also run in DS IIRC. In DS2 you definitely can anyways.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 26, 2011, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Ubisoft Week - Far Cry for $2.50 and Far Cry 2 Fortune Edition for $5.00.

To buy or not to buy that is the question.
I loved FC2 I totally finished it. The trick is to stay off the roads and get creative with your weapons. If all you do is drive from A to B and machine gun everything it gets pretty boring/repetitive. It's not without its faults but I find most people's complaints stem from driving on roads and playing it like CoD or something.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 26, 2011, 07:20 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I got bored of FC2 too, but I guess it's because I did stick to the roads. It didn't feel like say, Fallout 3/NV, which encourages you to get lost, and off the beaten path. But for the time I did play it, I didn't miss the five bucks I'd spent.
Old May 26, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Trion has Rift on sale on their website right now for a "Memorial Day Weekend Sale!"

Collector's Edition is $29.99
Regular Edition is $24.99

https://www.riftgame.com/en/products...content=closed
Old May 27, 2011, 01:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

I found far cry 2 to be the most boring repetative game I've ever played, story made no sense, missions were all exactly the same, fire was fun for about 5 minutes. There are much better shooters to play, not really worth the 5 or so I spent on it.