Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Shatter is also on sale for $2.50 until Tuesday 1PM EST/10AM PST Save 75% on Shatter on Steam. It is a fun breakout style game (with some twists), well worth the $2.50 imo.
Old December 13, 2010, 10:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

D2D is having an EA week, today's deal is Medal of Honour for $29.95 Direct2Drive: Buy Medal of Honor Download.

Also over at GamersGate they are having a holiday sale with new games every week (it is week 3 of 4). There aren't any big, recent, titles but there could be some interesting stuff there Holiday Gift Guide 2010 - GamersGate.
Old December 13, 2010, 01:10 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
D2D is having an EA week, today's deal is Medal of Honour for $29.95 Direct2Drive: Buy Medal of Honor Download.

Also over at GamersGate they are having a holiday sale with new games every week (it is week 3 of 4). There aren't any big, recent, titles but there could be some interesting stuff there Holiday Gift Guide 2010 - GamersGate.
HOHOHO coupon still works... for another 6 bucks off.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; December 13, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old December 13, 2010, 01:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

C'mon Steam, where are the sales?
Old December 13, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well if Steam is going to hold out till after xmas for a big sale that's ok by me. I have noticed in general though that last year had an unprecedented frenzy of sales and bargains before xmas in all retail sectors, unlike this year. Now it's back to normal. I guess retailers in Canada are being optimistic. Maybe Steam is too?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old December 13, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Well if Steam is going to hold out till after xmas for a big sale that's ok by me. I have noticed in general though that last year had an unprecedented frenzy of sales and bargains before xmas in all retail sectors, unlike this year. Now it's back to normal. I guess retailers in Canada are being optimistic. Maybe Steam is too?
I would actually say that the sales and bargains already happened. If anything retailers and Steam are even less optimistic. Steam has been constantly trying to make sales on dirt cheap games and trying to keep the profit margin on popular games high. So you end up spending $50 on 20 or so games that you'll never play and still buy the $50 game you always wanted.
Old December 13, 2010, 04:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
im still holding out all my money for steam christmas sales
I'm waiting on Steam as well but I did get STALKER for $0.99 when Games for Windows had their sales a week ago.
Old December 13, 2010, 06:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I would actually say that the sales and bargains already happened. If anything retailers and Steam are even less optimistic. Steam has been constantly trying to make sales on dirt cheap games and trying to keep the profit margin on popular games high. So you end up spending $50 on 20 or so games that you'll never play and still buy the $50 game you always wanted.
Sorry I didn't just mean video games I meant all around. And if retailers were being pessimistic then there would be amazing deals out there to get you into stores and buying stuff like last year. High margins are only good when you are actually making sales.

I think Canada has been duped into thinking we are safe from all this financial disasters in the world to keep spending up. Even Mark Carney recently came out and said things are much worse here than he "believed" would be at this time. Anyways I digress. Just saying I think there were much better deals out there last year before Xmas. And now retailers are going to wait till Boxing days. :\

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old December 13, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just wanted to let everyone know that the promo code "HOHOHO" is still working at Direct2Drive.com You can use it to pre-order BC2:Vietnam at 20% - $11.96 or Black ops for $47.96 The code works with all games though.
Old December 14, 2010, 06:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

All Dreamcatcher Interactive games, excluding Gothic 4, are 50% off on Impulse Impulse Driven : Publishers : Dreamcatcher Interactive