Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2007, 07:07 PM
Allstar

I play quite a bit of CS:S and occasionally play BF2142 ... CS:S scales very nicely, so you can play it on really, really crappy computers (my brother is able to play it on an old 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 w/ 512 MB of RAM and a GeForce2 MX, albeit at 800x600 in DirectX 7 mode, obviously)
Old December 8, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I play quite a bit of CS:S and occasionally play BF2142 ... CS:S scales very nicely, so you can play it on really, really crappy computers (my brother is able to play it on an old 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 w/ 512 MB of RAM and a GeForce2 MX, albeit at 800x600 in DirectX 7 mode, obviously)
Problem with that is shadows saved me so many times. You can tell sometimes if an enemy is hiding or around the corner.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 9, 2007, 12:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

Once again...source is death. Source < 1.6. It will be a sad day indeed when 1.6 gets snuffed out.
Old December 9, 2007, 12:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Played both, and I have to say it's really up to how you like your gaming pace. I've been playing Counter-Strike for some 8 years and it's still fun today. Battlefield is also quite fun, but I'm not really into playing the game to skill up my profile. I'd rather to get in and get it done and prefer to gauge my own progress (with overall experience in playing) myself. In either case, just don't take it too seriously when you game.

Again, up to how you like your pace.
Old December 9, 2007, 12:41 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Once again...source is death. Source < 1.6. It will be a sad day indeed when 1.6 gets snuffed out.
I prefer Source personally. 1.3 was the best, though ... or the beta versions where you could pick up dropped guns from previous rounds, that was crazy fun ...
Old December 9, 2007, 01:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

I had high hopes for source, that's probably why I'm so disappointed by it. Plus, like I said before, the hit boxes for the heads are HUGE! Or at least they use to be, not sure anymore, as I haven't played source in a good 6 months.
"HAXOR!"
"Wtf...no...it's just way to easy to get hs..."
"Sure, is that why every shot is a headshot..."
"Not hard to do with an AK with heads this big.."
/ban

Good times...hate that game xD
Old December 9, 2007, 07:08 AM
Allstar

i've been play cs since beta 7, and i have stopped playing when i have entered university, that time 1.6 came out .... and i was disapointed. the 2 new gun were shit (at that time) then source came out, wow nice graphic but nuthing more, gmae has totaly change and its 2 time harder and when you get it every body would yell at you because you had hs....

i have the gold package on source and i havent play it for the last years when my g/f bought me bf2

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old December 14, 2007, 09:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default bf2

i played it loved it jsut got bf2142 so im selling my bf2 original cd and key for 20 bucks+ shipping. cs:s was good but i hate the headshot vecs too easy sumtimes
Old December 14, 2007, 11:13 AM
MVP

If you're just starting, Counterstrike has a steep learning curve. You'll get killed a lot and have to wait before next round starts. I think Team Fortress 2 has easier learning curve and more newbie friendly, while still being fun for both new players and "veterans".

So yea, a bit off topic, but I also recommend TF2.
Old December 14, 2007, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman-Spiff View Post
If you're just starting, Counterstrike has a steep learning curve. You'll get killed a lot and have to wait before next round starts. I think Team Fortress 2 has easier learning curve and more newbie friendly, while still being fun for both new players and "veterans".

So yea, a bit off topic, but I also recommend TF2.
Speaking of TF2 I had over 130 kills last night with a medic ahahaha! It was great