Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2010, 08:23 PM
Allstar

I thought F1 was DX11? Those graphics cant be DX9... Can they?

I pre ordered a few days ago, Ive got my paddles ready on my G27
Old September 4, 2010, 10:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I pre ordered it but I've lost all hope Codemasters can make anything other then a arcade type game. Wish they would make a hardcore Sim.

Old September 4, 2010, 11:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

There has been enough hardcore games out there, they know where they specialize in. I want to have fun, not bash my head against the realism wall. F1 is notorious for being VERY unforgiving. Its so fast, any twitch sends your car spinning. I want to have the fun and the adrenaline of buzzing around the tracks, overtaking and fighting for position. That being said, it seems they are treating this with a bit more reverence than anything else they have done in the past. I think this may be a little more sim'ish than some of their previous jaunts, but still will be able to dial down the difficulty to something that is fun to play. If you want realism you already have simbin and the like. Those games will never break into the mass market.

as for dx11 i heard something about launching with 9, patching to 11 or something...maybe i am dreaming it, thought i heard that somewhere in an interview.

Old September 5, 2010, 01:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I am not generally into F1 games, but the driving physics in Dirt were freakin awesome, so I'll probably pick this one up.
Old September 5, 2010, 07:19 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Confirmed: DX9 with a "Patch" brining DX11 support.
Old September 5, 2010, 01:45 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
There has been enough hardcore games out there, they know where they specialize in. I want to have fun, not bash my head against the realism wall. F1 is notorious for being VERY unforgiving. Its so fast, any twitch sends your car spinning.
Other then a few well made mods for rFactor and until iracing finishes the FW31 there are no F1 sims out there and really it should be unforgiving its the pinnacle of Motorsports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
That being said, it seems they are treating this with a bit more reverence than anything else they have done in the past. I think this may be a little more sim'ish than some of their previous jaunts, but still will be able to dial down the difficulty to something that is fun to play.
I'd be happy with a arcade settings as long as we can turn up the realism.

Old September 5, 2010, 04:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Definitely, there hasn't been a f1 game in a long long time. Cant wait!

Old September 6, 2010, 01:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The last good one was EA's F1 Challenge 99-02 made by isi (rfactor) and the best mods for that Sim were made by a few guys that went on to create SimBin.

Old September 6, 2010, 03:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

I'm alright with arcade as well as long as we can dial up the settings to a more sim level. I do have high hopes for this game, F1 is easily the most unforgiving motorsport and my main hope is that the assholes stay away from the online for a little while ago, F1 cars are not the most durable after all.
Old September 6, 2010, 06:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
[...] F1 is easily the most unforgiving motorsport and my main hope is that the assholes stay away from the online for a little while ago, F1 cars are not the most durable after all.
Good luck with that. If there is some way of ruining the experience for someone, you know they will be there to do it.