Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30, 2010, 03:27 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Hunted: The Demon's Forge

I did not see a post about this game before so I just wanted to throw it up since it looks pretty cool. I've been following it ever since they showed it at E3 2010 and its up for pre-order now on Steam so i guess it might be coming out soon?

Anyway just wondering if anybody else has been keeping and eye on this and planning on picking it up?

It's co-op also!

YouTube - Hunted The Demons Forge E3 2010 Debut Trailer [HD]

Set in a dark fantasy world, Hunted: The Demon s Forge is an unforgettable cooperative action game, pitting you and your partner against waves of vicious enemies. Taking control of either E'lara, a ranged weapon expert, or Caddoc, a master swordsman, you must use a variety of weapons, powerful spells, and cover tactics to battle your way through menacing dungeons, overgrown ruins, and downtrodden towns.

Discover secrets and complete co op based puzzles whilst exploring the sinister world to discover answers to the game's deep, dark mysteries.

The dark ages have become corrupted. Heinous creatures have emerged from underground.
Townsfolk across the land are disappearing. Upon the promise of their fortune in gold,
mercenaries E'lara and Caddoc take on the daunting task of discovering where the innocent
villagers have been taken. Their journey will lead them on a dark and twisted path where they
will encounter death, slavery, and sacrifice. Travel deep within the world of Kala Moor...and to the secrets of The Demon's Forge.

FEATURES:
  • Dark Fantasy Shooter: Powered by the Unreal 3 engine, the world of Hunted comes to life in a third-person dungeon crawl with the intensity and action of a modern-day shooter.
  • Co-op at a Distance: Combine E'lara's ranged attacks with Caddoc's melee expertise to pull off gruesome co-op kill moves, perform special attacks, and heal one another regardless of where they in relation to one another on the battlefield. The characters' differing combat methods allow player strategy to vary from one playthrough to the next.
  • Two Ways to Fight: Wade into the thick of the fight using melee skills, or tactically use cover combat to dispatch hordes of creatures with bows and spells.
  • Spell-Powered Combat: Powerful magic spells can be used to boost your partner's combat effectiveness and even the odds against increasingly formidable enemies.
  • Forge Your Own Levels: Create and share your own challenging dungeons designs with The Crucible, a powerful in-game editor that provides opportunities for exploration and battles for you and your friends.
Available when you pre-order through Steam:
  • The Assassin Pack, available when you pre-order through steam
  • Assassin Boss - Assassin boss unlocked in Crucible
  • Assassin Level - Assassin boss level unlocked in Crucible
  • Seriphine - Seriphine character skin unlocked after completing the campaign
  • Assassin Bow - E'lara's Assassin bow unlocked
Old August 30, 2010, 04:28 PM
Allstar

Last date i say was Dec/2011 I hope it was wrong, The game looks like fun
Old August 30, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think it's headed out in Q1 2011. Here's some hands on impressions.

Hunted: The Demon's Forge: I've Seen This Before

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 30, 2010, 05:29 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

It honestly doesn't look very impressive to me. Gears of War with medieval weaponry?
Old August 30, 2010, 06:06 PM
Allstar

AHhh Dont say that LOL Gears of war Was such a fail for me...
Old September 1, 2010, 10:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

From the hands-on I am liable to pick this up heavily discounted, and only if there's local co-op too.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 1, 2011, 07:12 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Has anybody played it yet? It just came out on Steam a few nights ago and a friend and I are debating if we want to pick it up for the co-op or not.

Reviews are lacking online right now.