Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default EBgames are thieves

i'm sure you all know already.

My little brother, too young to buy an M rated game (he's 16), asked me to go with him so he could get Bad Company 2 for his xbox, so, we check the site, and see the game is 40 dollars new (new low price).
Gamestop.ca - Buy Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Xbox 360

we go to ebgames, and i ask about bad company 2, i ask them, how much, "Oh, we're out of new copies, but we have used", i say, i want the new one, for the code.

"the new ones don't have the code anymore" (i don't know if this is true or not for xbox).

i ask, ok, how much for the used then

"55.90"

wtf? but the new one is 40 dollars.

"um, no it isn't they dropped the price, but raised it back".

I proceed to tell him to fck himself (in my mind sadly), and walk out the store angry.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old August 21, 2010, 01:35 PM
Allstar

I find most of the used games there cost more than buying new ...
Old August 21, 2010, 01:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

My brother used to work for them, and he could write a small novel on the culture of ripping people within the place. Unfortunately, that attitude also applied to its employees.
Old August 21, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would go to Futureshop or Bestbuy for the game. Or get him the PC version so he can play with you :)

-Plato
Old August 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

If you ever need a hard copy of a game, get it from Future Shop or Best Buy. They almost always have stock, and their policies aren't designed to rip off their customers. If you aren't buying any actual hardware, they won't bother you about service plans or any of that nonsense.
Old August 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

and on top of that if you ever try to sell your games there they give you a pittance and then charge that much for it
Old August 21, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Agreed on staying away from EBGames. Go to BestBuy and you can grab the game 'pre-played' or whatever they call their repackaged games. Or, at the very least, you get it new without hassle.

If he really wants to play BFBC2 and has the PC to play it, then +1 to going that route as you can get it new from Steam or D2D for $30.
Old August 21, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Plus, you get those "reward points" which you can redeem 5 bucks for every 400 points you get...

-Plato
Old August 21, 2010, 03:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
Agreed on staying away from EBGames. Go to BestBuy and you can grab the game 'pre-played' or whatever they call their repackaged games. Or, at the very least, you get it new without hassle.

If he really wants to play BFBC2 and has the PC to play it, then +1 to going that route as you can get it new from Steam or D2D for $30.
didn't realize how cheap it is on steam now, good to know. Gonna recommend a few people buy it.
Old August 21, 2010, 04:10 PM
MVP

They should have 30% off used games with a coupon next monday. Looks like Steam/d2d might be a better choice anyway.

Also check at another EB. I have found that some employees are just dumb. I had to go to a different EB after trying to cash in on the trade 4 get a 360 thing they had a while ago, the first store told me the website was wrong. (even though it was a huge promotion online)