Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Realistically, all you've ever owned was a floppy/CD/DVD, a box and/or manual, and a license to use the program on it. Ever taken the time to read a license agreement? I did once and my head was spinning.
True it is called a EULA for a reason. But it makes me feel good to know when I buy a game if I want to play it x years down the road I have a copy of it somewhere that I can just install. Of course some people are still skeptical of services like Steam for that very reason. What if... Steam goes away? Will I still have all my games?

A valid question but in that event it is pretty safe to say Steam users would probably be given the opportunity to download all their games, back them up and have a way to install them without online Steam activation (or something like that) before they pull the plug. But boy oh boy... bandwidth will be hurting BIG TIME that day! O.O

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 19, 2010, 03:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I used to always buy hard copies of games, but I haven't bought a hard copy in over a year. I just wish that they'd discount new games a few bucks for not having to provide a manual, or preferably mail your manual out.
Old August 19, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
True it is called a EULA for a reason. But it makes me feel good to know when I buy a game if I want to play it x years down the road I have a copy of it somewhere that I can just install. Of course some people are still skeptical of services like Steam for that very reason. What if... Steam goes away? Will I still have all my games?

A valid question but in that event it is pretty safe to say Steam users would probably be given the opportunity to download all their games, back them up and have a way to install them without online Steam activation (or something like that) before they pull the plug. But boy oh boy... bandwidth will be hurting BIG TIME that day! O.O
Well if Steam ever dies and doesn't give a solution than you can always install no-cd cracks as they work for steam games too.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old August 27, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Seems Jailbreak USB sales have been halted in Aussie land for the time being as Sony takes control of the situation down under.

Court halts PS Jailbreak sales, gives Sony control of inventory

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old August 27, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was actually considering getting one within this year(provided they functioned well, etc). Not so much to pirate games but I like running stuff off HDDs, CF cards and other non-optical storage and I like some homebrew.
Most of what I do with my PSP right now is homebrew games&apps or emulators. There are only a couple of retail games that I ever want to play on it and they are best off running from the memory stick instead of the optical drive for multiple reasons. :)

I would use my PS3 more if there was some cool homebrew stuff. I would use my PS3 a lot more if there was cool homebrew with full hardware access and if I could load retail games disc-less. Full or mostly full hardware access for homebrew will not happen any time soon though and it is a mistake to count on it happening. :/
In all fairness since I am no longer updating the firmware and so infrequently play games on the PS3 I should just sell it.. but.. I do not want to. It is foolish to hope but I want to for some reason. :S
Old August 27, 2010, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wonder how Sony is going to ban people... Maybe it'll be like how Microsoft bans people's XBOX in November.

$150 is a bit steep for a mod chip. I'll wait a while for more mod chips to release before I get myself a PS3.
Old August 27, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The beauty of this device is that it isn't a mod chip, it's just a USB stick. There's no modding involved. But I find it interesting that your only justification for purchasing a game console is if you can use it for pirated games. :\

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE
Old August 27, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

i hope game and other industries learnt lesson about pirate issue is not only for pc... any devices could be hacking...

and of course industries never have "b-plan"... they are just garbage, cheaper and selfish... >_>;

edit: usb/flash driver rocks... dvd, cd, etc sucks...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old August 27, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

$10 says i can easily find this tool on torrent trackers or usenet.
Old August 27, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

OK, I'd pay you the $10 and I don't even have a PS3.

I'm all for console piracy. Every time a game is pirated on the console it just makes the PC market for gaming that much closer to normal again.